Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do you think?

Options
  • 19-12-2002 11:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭

I was listening to a late night radio programme some weeks ago that addressed (for me) an interesting issue. A middle aged gay guy was on the phone who made the statement that if he had a choice, then he would opt for being straight.

You can imagine the amount of gay bashing muppets on the line that rang in and said "you must be unhappy with your sexuality/it was a choice you made in the first place now unchoose it" etc. I was talking to a gay friend of mine one night (I'm straight) and she said basically the same as the guy that rang in that was gay. She said that straight people have a much easier time of it because at the end of the day, society still doesnt accept gay people as much as it does straight people, especially in the rural Ireland.

As a second thought, I've posted a poll on this as well, as I am interested to find out how many gay people out there, if they could be, would be straight (purely for ease of social acceptance).

What a lot of straight people dont get is, being gay isnt a choice, you're pretty much born that way, just like us straight folk.

If you had the choice, would you go straight? 2 votes

Yes (it makes life easier)
    0% 0 votes
    No (I really am quite happy as I am)
    100% 2 votes

Comments

Advertisement