Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ben 17-12-2002 15:55, 7lb 3ozs.

Options
  • 18-12-2002 11:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 15,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭

sarah's waters broke at eleven am on Monday the 16th, so we wandered up to the hospital and arrived at about 1ish. Because here was no contractions, they told us that if she did not start within the next day they would induce her. I was ther until about eleven that night and more or less as soon as I left her contractions started. They were not too bad for the first few hours and at around 7am I got a call to come in. Sarah has a bad back so she wanted to avoid the epidural but because her contarctions were coming slowly and not very sgtrong she had to be induced. The doctors warned that being induced can make it more painful than normal and advised that she get the epidural, which she did.

For the squeamish stop reading now.

I was at the action end for most of the delivery and obviously because of the nature of the pushing, Sarah was pooping quite a bit. The nurses are quite used to it though and clean you up without anything said. Sarahs contractions were quite short and so she did not get alot of pushing done during them. Eventually her obsteatrician (sp?) was called and the epidural started to wear off a bit. She was in quite alot of pain at that stage and really wanted the baby out. After a couple of more contarctions the doctor got the plunger (Kiwi) out and stuck it onto the babies head. at the first go, the baby would not come out with the Kiwi so on the second go I had the pleasure of watching the doc take a scissors to Sarahs perinaeum (lovely). Then he proceeded to drag out the little fella in one fell swoop. Because he was so long in there after Sarahs waters broke he was taken away to the SCBU (pronounced Skiboo, great word) and given antibiotics as a precautionary measure.

He is perfect, 10 toes, 8 fingers, 2 thumbs, blonde hair and blue eyes. Every one says that their babies are gorgeous but this guy really is.

Because Sj was still in the delivery ward, she could not feed him so I had the pleasure of giving him his first feed and he drank 30mls of cow and gate starter milk in SCBU. Then we brought him down to see Mommy again and we held him until they came to take him back. We got him again for about 20 minutes later, really is heartbreaking to see him going though.

To all who are having a baby I would have to tell you that as far as Sj and I are concerned it was all worth it. all of the months of bad back and sleepless nights and constant running to the bathroom were forgotten in the first seconds of holding our baby boy.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭foxinsocks

and the way you described it, i can hardly wait (ugh).

Glad to hear that her pain and discomfort were all things you'd go through again :P

take pics
    post pics
    lets see pics

Fox_in_Socks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

Wonderful, You'd have to be blind to miss that you are overjoyed from the way you've written your post!

Congratulations to you both!

Luc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Oh wow congrats :)

sounds like you both did well , the wonder drug that they use to induce is not a lot of fun had it on my second :(

As for the scissors as babys get bigger
    ( the average used to be 5 lbs) it's fairly standards that they scip you well it's better then having it tear /shudders

once again congrats and kiss your sleep pattern good bye :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

Where was this? My son arrived 0950 on the 17th. Also 7bl 3oz. Things got a bit tricky and he had to go to the ICU, but he is fine and is out now. That was in the Combe or Coombe( sorry my head is gone I can't even spell the hospital my son was born in)

Ps Congratulations.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

And to you Pud, Ben was born in Castlebar.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

ah look at them both Proud New Daddies all over again :) see all that boundless engery . Congrates to both of you and the Mammies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Wow. Congrats. I'm delighted for you and her! And of course to Mr Pudding too!

Wow.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,278 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Congrats.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Congratulations!

My heartfelt wishes go out to you all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Congrats to you both! And to Meestar Pudding and Missus Pudding:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭plastic membrane

:):):)

BRILLIANT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats, you have no idea how over the moon i am for the two of you. Hopefully i might be able to come up to y'all over the crimbo, say hello, if you dont mind. Anyway, well done, the best is yet to come...

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭xern

Concrats, great stuff! I enjoyed that1

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Pld :)

icon14.gif

One piece of advice I feel I'm actually in a position to give.
    Buy him some Lego as soon as he's old enough and keep getting bits for him every now and then.
    It'll be worth it 20 years down the line when he's studying engineering or neurosurgery or whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Congratulations.

Hopefully by the time I get someone pregnant they'll have reversed tradition again and the Daddies won't be allowed in the delivery room. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

Congrats fish and Mr Pudding (mmm pudding :D )

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

Congrats :)

Sounds like bundles of fun (ick).

But i guess it has to be worth it ? :P Given my sister's had 4 and seems delighted despite some postnatal depression.

<< Fio >>

• Registered Users Posts: 15,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Sorry put the pic in the wrong thread.

He is less yellow now :)

Ben.jpg

Advertisement