Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

my ps2 broke

Options
  • 18-12-2002 11:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭

I came home from work last night to hear that my ps2 had died...
    im not sure whats up with it but there is something definetly wrong, SSX doesnt work at all, i can get to start a few times but some times it just says please insert a ps2 disk. Vice city usually fails on the loading screen, I tried Gt3 and it worked fine, although the ps2 was making some crazy sounds.
    I got it in argos about 3months ago, I've still got the receipt.
    I'll probably take tomorrow morning off work and drop it back.

Anyone know what argos are like with returns? A friend had a ps2 that just stopped turning on and he returned it to GAME and they gave him a new one on the spot. Somehow i doubt Argos will do this. Pity cause ps2 would b handy over xmas.

any had trouble like this with a ps2 before?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Snowball

pretty good. I bought a blender and there was a rubber seal missing and they deleverd a now one and took the old one back, they came up to the house for free and was all done on the same day, me likes argus

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭podgeen

but this is argus in Limerick..... :[

I've been trying to ring them all morning but they're not answering the phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Gunn4r

Sounds like your ps2 laser is either dying or dirty.

If your ps2 is modded then the laser is probably dying but if not chances are it just needs to be cleaned a bit. You would be amazed at the dust that can get into consoles.

If it is unmodded I would ring Sony direct and ask about getting a replacement for xmas.

If you wanna try clean it yourself see sites like

http://stormpages.com/lee/1ps2clean.html

Dont electrocute yourself though. ;-)

Also if it isnt under warrantly buy a replacement laser from www.playstationmods.com.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Not a great time for repairs, most places have switched to high sell, low customer care, mode for Xmas.

Its still underwarrenty..
    the ps2 itself is fairly dusty so that may be it. Id prefer not to bring it back to Argos, as Amp said I doubt they are too customer friendly atm.
    Is there any way to clean it without opening it up?

• Advertisement

you could try get a can of air and carefully blast some into the tray when it is open but better to open it up.

Personally I would go straight to the store and exchange it (.ie dont leave until they change it)

yeah im going to try that tomorrow mornig, will take the morning of work. I have a feeling there going to say how they have to send it to their supplier who will intern send it to dublin who will send it to somewhere who will send it to sony and basicailly ill get a new one a month or so...

i went into argos today and they replaced the ps2 on the spot. no hassle no worries. savage.

beaut!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭Ryo Hazuki

• Advertisement
Advertisement