Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worth a Laugh - Eircon Delivery System :)

Options
  • 18-12-2002 3:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭

This morning I was sitting at my breakfast table stuffing my face (as usual) and looking down my driveway (rather long driveway) I noticed this car slowing down on the main road and the window of the passenger side opening. Then all of a sudden this thing went flying through the air, over my wall and landed and into a rather huge puddle with a big splash. Needless to say my curiosity was aroused so I walked down my drive to see what it was. I burst out laughing when I seen it was the New Eircon phone book and Golden pages for my area. Is that a delivery service or what? LOL! :) Ok being me I rang Eircon and complained that both books were totally water logged. And they said ermmm does this mean that you want new ones? My sides are aching from laughter. After all this is Eircon. I wonder if Alfie will donate some of his €3,000,000+ to pay a postman to actually deliver it to your door? :p

OHP

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

its good to see they are just as good at dilevering phone books as they are the internet

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

Originally posted by tuxx
    its good to see they are just as good at dilevering phone books as they are the internet
    rofl :D

You should have stood in your driveway and let the books hit you as they fell back towards earth.. Think of the compo!

"Man concussed by rogue phone book"

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,070 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Nah, just lie on the ground with the books on top of you, and get a friend to take a picture!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

thats Eircons new "air mail" service :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭sunbeam

They dumped ours outside the front door in the middle of a storm last month complete with preprinted note informing us to take them in case they get rain damaged. There's somebody here 24 hours a day and it wouldn't have killed them to knock (as is normal in rural areas anyway)....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Dangger

Then all of a sudden this thing went flying through the air, over my wall and landed and into a rather huge puddle with a big splash.

Are you sure that it wasn't just teleported into the puddle by accident? I've heard that some of the van carried mobile teleportation units are not as accurate as Eircom had hoped. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭stormkeeper

lol, i'm really starting to get worried about eircom... first the line splitter incident, and now this... they honestly need to get a clue... :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

They are stupid idiots
    We got one of those new cordless phones from them a few weeks ago and I guess when they were delivering it there was nobody in the house.. when I arrived home at 5.30pm it was just sitting outside the front porch in a soaking wet box (it was raining).. lucky for them it wasnt damaged
    Do the morons actually deliver themselves or is it SDS ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 wormhole

just be thankful they did'nt deliver a piano!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭zynaps

... or a leopard!
    They don't like the rain, I hear :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

Please move to humour section
    ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

Originally posted by TruckledUncivil Please move to humour section
    Dunno if it would be welcome there because it is kinda sad as well as funny. Same is sort of true of the HR Award thread. ;).

Advertisement