Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NWN @ Darkside 5 ?

Options
  • 17-12-2002 11:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭

Just a question, How much tech support would be need to set up NWN at Darkside 5 ?

How much space would it take on the server ?

If NWN was to run for most of the Lan
    how long is 1 module roughly time wise?

Would anyone be intrested in coming to Darkside to play ?

Darkside details

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=73164

I have sod all experince with NWN but would love to give it a go at the LAN.
    Could be a lot of laughs , and when a break was needed there will be plenty of people to frag at q3 :)

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

most modules take 2+ hours to play through, some of the larger ones can be 10+ hours.

NWN is resonably resource hungry, but not excessively so.

One thing to keep in mind is that for lan play you'll need a license key per machine, the game will not allow more than one instance of a given key to be used on the network.

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭BattlingCheese

Hey Thaed,

Not a bad idea. I'm a regular at the Darkside LAN and play NWN with the lads on games2 and would be up for playing.

Going by other DS LANS it would be pretty easy to get a few people playing once they see the game running. But as Rev pointed out the key code would be the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭BioHazRd

Rev Hellfire - I tried sending you a pm, but your mailbox is full. Can you clear it, or pm me with another way of contacting you

Cheers

Bio

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Well at least there is time to buy NWN in the Sales after xmas as the Darkside Lan is in Febraury . Or talk a certain person into getting it as a Valetines gift :)

A 10 hour session would be hard to play via the net but at a lan it would go down really well, esp as DS5 is an event at which you can drink at . meet the big bad guy after 9 hours and too many beers and it could get very intresting :)

Advertisement