Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

atari jaguar ???

Options
  • 17-12-2002 6:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭

i was in GAME on henry street yesterday and on one of the shelves there was a few jaguar games :eek:

couldn't believe it. never expected to see them around ever again. they were €12 each. there was only a few around, Doom, Cannon Fodder are the ones i remember.

has anyone else seen the games floating around in other shops?

i remember when it first game out i bugged my parents to get me one....
    thank christ they didn't listen to me :)

on another note, is anyone else finding it hard to get certain games for the gamecube. i spent ages going around to shops looking for timesplitters 2 and could not find it in hmv, virgin,game,smyths... all were sold out. then i just happend to be walking down dawson street (i think) and there was another GAME store i never knew existed and managed to get a copy of TS2 for €70.... bastards are so bloody expensive. think it was the last copy in the store.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Don't.....buy.....in......Game!

Thats should be the "Games" forum motto. :)

- Dave.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Originally posted by TmB
    Don't.....buy.....in......Game!

Thats should be the "Games" forum motto. :)

- Dave.
    i know..... i feels so ashamed :(

i tried smyths first, then every where else..... all were sold out....
    finally found a copy and bought it....

the only reason i got it is because it is an xmas present for me from my parents.... :D
    its not like its costing me any money.... there is no way i would spend €70 on a game unless i had an atari jaguar and wanted doom i defenitly would spend (waste) that amount of cash :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭theciscokid

yeeesss

cisco is going in there tomorrow

:D:D

p.s.

that used to be an eb store on dawson street

i found sfa on gc for €60 second hand in that store and it was €65 brand new, i asked the assistant and he just said "thats just the way it is"

****ing price fixing assholes

• Registered Users Posts: 11,978 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Yeah and they probably bought the game off the poor bastard for 30 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭TheDuke

Hi guys,

firstly why not Game... ???

secondly, I get all through Amazon UK. Probably a little more, but at teast they have title, I get it to the door and don't need stand in cues to be helped by some young one that really can not empathise with my pain when some release date has been pushed out. I am sure there are better online sites to buy off of but there are only few I trust with my VISA details, cause if ever one knew the number was 4352-3435-4332-6097 I'd be in a right mess :D .

The Duke : ))

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Play.com are cheap and offer free delivery though it can be slow. Also worth trying are Gameplay.com or Softwarefirst.com

yes play.com are very good, some new dvds and albums are so cheap

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

Why not game?!?! I buy all my games there although after hearing of Smyths' lower prices i'll be going there first in future but why not Game?

Ry

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

Originally posted by SpiraL
    Why not game?!?!

The simple answer is they are screwing us on price. A game you can get in Smyth's with a loyalty card for €45 is going to cost on average €60 in Game. And I have seen this on numerous occasions. They can shove their so-called 'lowest price guarantee' as they well know it's a joke.

went in today and picked myself up two games

doom - you know, frame rate isnt as good as pc, but still worth it
    raiden - its keeping me occupied,not a bad little top down shooter

they also had:

hover strike - half decent
    flipout - crap
    chequered flag - crap
    kasumi ninja - ?? apparently you could do worse
    club drive - stay well clear
    snowboarding something - i dunno ,
    dino dudes evolution - crap
    iron soldier - below average
    cannon fodder - you probably know of, wasn't going to chance it without a mouse,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Big Chief

Originally posted by TheDuke
    cause if ever one knew the number was 4352-3435-4332-6097 I'd be in a right mess :D .

if you happen to get a bill in with the name of "www.she-likes-to-take-it-this-way.com then do not be alarmed! :D :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Originally posted by Big Chief
    if you happen to get a bill in with the name of "www.she-likes-to-take-it-this-way.com then do not be alarmed! :D :rolleyes:

You need the expiry date, name on the card and the security code. He's toying with you. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Originally posted by meglome
    They can shove their so-called 'lowest price guarantee' as they well know it's a joke.
    i had to buy the spiderman dvd that day so i took a look in smyths first, it was €27... not too bad for a new release.... went down to GAME just to see what price they were selling it for.... it was about €33.... the best thing about it was the sticker on the cover saying "lowest price guarantee"..... :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 5,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭spooky donkey

Game have a good range of stock and some of their hardware is reasonablly prices!

But apart from that they suck! Pity they used to be good!

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭TheDuke

Happy Christmas guys... I'm off for two weeks now...

can't be doing this sort of stuff in my time off :D:D:D:D:D

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 5,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭spooky donkey

Im wondering if there is any place where you could buy an atari jaguar, or would one have to resort to ebay or some such place?

i'd say ebay mate, i got one two weeks ago with cybermorph for €20 and i was very very lucky, and at that he originally purchased it thru ebay.co.uk

:)

Advertisement