Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The girl of my dreams

Options
  • 17-12-2002 5:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I know this girl in school and im head over heels about her. We've been making eye contact and talking more often, flirting ect. I need to know how to go a bit further. I wan't this girl but I can't find the words, the right time or place to say them. And I'm mostly afraid of what she will say when I pop the question.

So what will I say or do to make it super clear and mayby that it could happen?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Durden

How to make something clear (super); say. plainly. with as little stuttering, repeating etc as possible. This may be rather harder than it sounds, so heres another method (that I know does work, worked for a friend of mine); compose a txt to a friend of yours saying basically "i really want to ask her out but..." oh and list of a few good things about her... then send it to her "by accident"... (the friends who this happened to have been going out for over a year... )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

Take a chill pill.

Chicks can smell fear.
    Then again I can smell liberals, so the two balance out.

Edit: There's a point in here somewhere I'm sure.

Ah yes. Just relax and let it happen, agonising over how-to get what you desire is a poor supplicant for taking a breath, reducing the adreline level to a level where you hands shake moderately and then simply get on with courting the chick... as opposed to asking interweb inhabitants how-to court chicks.

Probably not the best people to ask to begin with.
    Fundamental flaw, don't ask interweb inhabitants how to court chicks.... ask a chick, one you 'sort of fancy' or better yet... ask the chick you are chasing.

"Hey baby... what's the best way to chase after a chick"
    And so on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Yavvy

hit her over the head with some blunt object ( a club if you have one) the drag her by the hair to a cave/dwelling and claim her as you Wo-MAN

seriously though..drugs/hypnosis ( spelling ?) / bullying...none of these things work..try flash some cash, the women love cash

Muahahahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Just get her drunk or the more PC approach would just be to approach her, text her up. Let her know by flirtin like a trooper. If she says no then what the hell have you lost besides some self esteem. It always grows back. Or as homer suggests the key to a good marraige number 3 - wear a mini berret on your wangnumber 3 - wear a mini berret on your wang

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

"You don't wanna get laid, man.
    It leads to kissing and pretty soon you gotta talk to 'em."

ahh best quote ever.

Anyway.. "pop the question"? what? dont marry her just yet man.

You've got the eye contact, you've got the flirting, then next step is to reach out and touch her, you know some sort of physical contact... actions speak louder than words and you cant find the words... easy as that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Originally posted by Kali
    ", then next step is to reach out and touch her, you know some sort of physical contact...

Just dont go touching her ditties when shes not expecting it. They dont like that apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

Originally posted by Grimes
    Just dont go touching her ditties when shes not expecting it. They dont like that apparently.

/me laughs the loudests she's done all week.

<< Fio >>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭lili

bobajob, i can't get where you are exactly in your relation with her, when you talk about flirting.
    your question is about to have a first kiss or more?
    cause if you had the kiss, no need to ask for more, just let the things happen:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

Don't keep leaving you balls at home and bring them with you some day and go ask her out!!
    Cinema, Resteraunt(Spelling??), Pub whatever you like!!
    It's not that hard and if she says no then what about it??
    But WHAT IF SHE SAYS "YES" eh WHAT IF SHE SAYS "YES"??

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭rachel

rather than telling her you really like/love/want her straight out, maybe go by Shay's advice and ask her out somewhere, that way she won't be put on the spot completely if she didn't realise how you felt about her. Then when/if this 'date' occurs, you'll probably have a good opportunity to tell her how you feel when you're alone together or at least get a clearer idea of the situation.

this feels so clinical or something...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Thanks for all your opinions lads. I'll go for the Physical approach. Something that doesn't take much effort. I'm gonna have to do it soon though coz after the tests this week i wont be able to see her till after christmas. I'll try get her num.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

ditties???
    you still ****ing call them that?!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Originally posted by Alany
    hit her over the head with some blunt object ( a club if you have one) the drag her by the hair to a cave/dwelling and claim her as you Wo-MAN

seriously though..drugs/hypnosis ( spelling ?) / bullying...none of these things work..try flash some cash, the women love cash

Muahahahaha

The best way:D :D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭Mr.Applepie

Originally posted by Bobajob
    Thanks for all your opinions lads. I'll go for the Physical approach.

Well ask if you can touch them first. That way the slap wont the that* hard

*thats a lie unless of course she says yes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Lord Khan

It's not hard, Just ask her if she'd like to meet up some time out-side School hours, then not so simply ask her honestly, don't play stupid games, don't try to see what she thinks first or anything.

If she is acting the way you say she is, then she is likely not to be repulsed by you. and if she just wants to be friends then she's not going to start bad mouthing you. just becareful about your self

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

How to make something clear (super); say. plainly. with as little stuttering, repeating etc as possible. This may be rather harder than it sounds, so heres another method (that I know does work, worked for a friend of mine); compose a txt to a friend of yours saying basically "i really want to ask her out but..." oh and list of a few good things about her... then send it to her "by accident"... (the friends who this happened to have been going out for over a year... )

That has to be THE WORST advice ever , in history of all time advices , seriously , lol .

Oh yeah? then why have they been going out for... about a year and 2 months now would be my estimate?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭Doodee

As grandpa simpson once said "U gotta play it kewl"

no, if u've been making eye contact and flirting, I'd say she is waiting for u to pop the question, just approach her and pull her aside saying you hav something to say to her (away from her friends cause she wont want to feel pressure) and just let it flow from your heart.
    either that or the Blunt object thingy.

ur luky she aint like the girl in our collage, tried to get this girl to take my mate out for a dance and she just kicked me in the knee, she then terrorised about 4 lads in our class by almost braking their necks while sitting down and also Stripping them.
    Drunk skanger!

O yea, Fio, did Dav tell u that I met a girl who is your spitting image here in ballyer?
    her names Aoife though.

SHE DID WHAT!!!
    That is just... worrying... jaysus...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,038 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Best advice i can give you:

Tis better to be a fool for a day, than one for the rest of your life.

Think about it.....

• Advertisement
Advertisement