Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tescos online shopping

Options
  • 17-12-2002 11:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

Used this service for the 1st time yesterday ,did all the xmas shopping in one go.

Wondering how many people actually use this service as it took me about 2 hours to pick everything i wanted.

Does anyone else use it ??

//i have dsl btw

kdjac

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

I do, but I use my superfast work connection to do it.

I was stuck once and had to connect using my mobile phone as a modem (no phone line at the time). Jesus H. Christ on a stick that was slow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Why this is on the irelandoffline forum is beyond me..but I've used Tescos online ordering once or twice, and in both cases we've received wrong orders, and it seems to me generally not worth the hassle and time. While you can save your shopping basket and stuff like that for the following week, etc. it still takes about an hour on subsequent visits anyway.
    Also a typical weekly list it seems to come to about 15-20 euro more expensive than in the store, possibly because of a lack of choice between expensive and cheap goods.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭VeeEmmy

I've used it regularly for about 18 months and rarely go to the supermarket. I do not have DSL, and I'd be able to do my shopping faster if I had a better connection. Would probably browse and buy more.

They have a cool thing: favourites. When you shop online or if you use your Club Card in the supermarket, anything you buy will be recorded, so when you go shopping online the next time, you can bring up your favourites. Don't have to remember what size, brand, colour of label, etc to find your stuff: has a heart by it.

I'd do a LOTTTTT more shopping online for all sorts of things if it weren't such a drudge to browse the sites because of slow slow slow connection and sites that are apparently designed for ppl with DSL (and these are .ie sites I'm talking about!!!) Would keep me off the streets and make me spend loads more money if I could shop more from the comfort of my warm, cosy home!

I'm willing to put up with it for the supermarket coz (I must have DNA damage or something) i HATE shopping.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Stuck it here in IOFFL as its something that isnt easily accessed due to stupid internet situation.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭The Cigarette Smoking Man

I use the Superquinn one quite a bit. I think you need to order quite a bit off them for it to be worth while, since the delivery charge is €7.50.

Once you've done your first order, you can stick your previous order into the shopping basket the next time. So it only takes about 15 mins the second time to make all the changes.

It's a great service and I'd recommend it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,723 ✭✭✭Xterminator

The couple of timeds I've used it, it was grand.

I remember when our lift was out of order, (I live on the 3rd floor) i used tesco, and the driver carried the goods up to our front door. :)
    That was well worth the fiver!

The best feature is where you can choose whether you want them to select a repalcement item, if what you want is out of stock, as you want control over that kind of thing.

But I'd only use it for Christmas shopping, or if i was too busy, or wasnt well or something like that.

PS, it didnt take me an hour to use? (Dialup connection)
    Dunno what caused you to take that long when ordering, 'cept maybe the first time.

X

• Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭zynaps

Originally posted by Xterminator
    I remember when our life was out of order, (I live on the 3rd floor)

Heh, interesting typo ;)

zynaps

• Registered Users Posts: 4,723 ✭✭✭Xterminator

Hehe
    :)
    Well spotted!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭crawler

use it form work ( STM-1 connection ! )

Tried using it from home nearly wucked the PC through the findow!

Advertisement