Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NWN wednesday 18/12/02

Options
  • 17-12-2002 11:32am
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Is this going ahead (it is two towers day after all :) ).

Well, I didn't get a ticket so I'm on for playing!

One thing though, I honestly think we should switch over to the elegia adventure (or better yet, restart at 1st level with new characters in a low level adventure).

My reasoning is this: Raven is a good scenario. Up to now.
    last night was the worst so far. It was enjoyable but ultimately pointless. We met mummy warriors and a mummy lord, which I couldn't even damage! Only weapon in the group that could hit them was lomir's crossbow, and then for only 4 or 5 hp at a time (I saw an 8 once on a crit). Problem is, we haven't come across weapons in the scenario to compensate for this, and there's none for sale inthe town. Not even arrows.

So, we won in the end. But I lost nearly 1000xp and used up a lot of equipment and scrolls. I am pretty sure nearly everyone else is in the same situation. So we are weaker now than when we started. Even with full rest. But the next encounter will be harder! Even at the same difficulty we would find it harder to beat. We are basically getting nowhere.

Solution 1: level up the characters. No good. we still lack the equipment.

Solution 2: provide a shop with items we can buy. (+2 weapons, magical arrows etc). You'll also have to give us money as we have lost it all through dying. And we are about two levels behind the scenario at this stage.

my suggestion:
    We either transport our characters to Elegia. A possibility.
    or we start over at first level. Battling cheese lost his 5th level char so I can't see it being too much of a problem for him. Lomir is having XP penalties because he took a level of thief and fighter but forgot that ranger isn't the preferred class of elves. And I'd much prefer to switch to sorceror/thief rather than mage/thief.

I'll do a quick trawl for some 1st elvel adventures that don't require hak paks etc. just in case.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭BattlingCheese

Good idea LoLth,

I'd be on for starting afresh on a new mod.
    We should say before hand what class, char. etc we'll be so we'll have a good mix.
    I'll be around on Wed and will hopefully fixed the problem with my PC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

You could switch over to a new module and once your characters are beefed up again come back to raven, I can store teh saved game.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoLth

well, if the rest agree:

http://nwvault.ign.com/Files/modules/data/1026996957180.shtml

Bramblewood keep. for 3-4 level 1 characters. BT1.

BT2:
    Bramblewood reinforcements:
    http://nwvault.ign.com/Files/modules/data/1029092509950.shtml
    the sequel, level 3-4 characters

BT3:
    Temple of the elder gods
    http://nwvault.ign.com/Files/modules/data/1031798553570.shtml
    the final part. LVL5-7 characters.

that should get us up to speed for the elegia eternum module and let us develope the characters a bit. The reviews for these seem quite goos and all being written by the same guy should ensure decent continuity.

(I like bringing up a character from 1st level, gives it more of an attachment).

Looks good LoLth. Thinking of playing as a pure magic class this time. Getting sick of Fighter/Ranger.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Jak

I think we should play another mod and come back to this Raven one a bit later on. I think all of us dropped xp to the last level and lost all our cash.

The plain not being able to damage the mobs was a bit of a pain.

However I can't say I am too keen on starting afresh just yet. I kinda like the ranger and half the fun is to play a class up to the top then start with another one. We usually have a healer anyhows, just last night we were short.

Let's go somewhere else - get to maybe 8-9, get some new shiny gear then come back to raven.

JAK.

• Advertisement

do we all have elegia installed?

If I bring in a new character, could he be levelled up to match the rest (or my old one preferrably - mmmm, 7th :) ).

I'd have to lose my old equipment though, but that can be replaced.

I agree that I'm not to happy with the idea of not finishing Raven, we;ve gone this far it would be a shame just to leave it.

Gents (and ladies)

I'll need the name of the module you want to play early today (ie before 5:00pm) so I can setup the server for u. Since I'll be out tonight.

I reckon we switch to elegia. We all have it installed.

I'll stick with the same character.

BC, problem with spellcaster is low hit points and crap AC. (I have a grand total of 28hp and an AC of 16)

I would suggest you go for druid or cleric. (if cleric, summoning and war/healing are good domains to choose). You get decent hit points and spellcasting as well as the ability to wear armour. Might be a good transition from a fighter class. (high wis for cleric, high charisma for druid).

Raven is a bit of a dead end right now but it would be nice to come back to it. <and beat the snot out of those ghouls ravagers :) >

I'd vote for elegia aswell.

Thanks for the recommendations LoLth. If we're importing our characters I'll stick with the dwarf/fighter.

Just to make sure my download of Elegia has a filename called
    Stefan_Gagne1037506296655Elegia_Eternum_Full_Version

Is this the right one?

Agreed with Raven being a dead end. The last game I found a battleaxe +2 and Lomir gave me some armour both of which can't be used until lvl 9 which suggests the author intended for people to have reached that level before finding them. We aren't even close, at only lvl 6 :)

yep, that's the one I got (doesn't mean it's right, just that two of us probably have the wrong one!).

I got a +2 bastard sword before only usable at 7th level. yes I sold it and divided up the money - after buying a load of healing kits - as no-one had exotic weapon prof. at the time. I took it later but am crap at hand to hand (a whopping 28 hp!). Nearly everything we are meeting in Raven can kill me with one non-crit hit :(

• Advertisement

Ok, Elegia it is.

Same server vault as normal.
    I'll save the current raven game somewhere safe so we can come back to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

:( Haven't been able to make the last two times, damn work and shopping :( Maybe Monday, but what about next Wednesday, I assume most of us will be as stuffed as a christmas turkey and a bit merry with wine/beer.

oh yeah got a quick screen from awhile ago :)

Good game lads. We finally finished a mod from start to finish.
    Was a bit short and easy but enjoyable. Although I bet Mr Sigmund would want to have a wee chat with the maker of the mod.

Anyway here's a little screenshot of the post quest drinks in the local inn. Until Monday.

nwn.jpg

yep. the writer did seem a bit f*cked up alright. But it was enjoyable all the same. I really liked the whole paint thing. Nicely scripted and a good puzzle.

I'm reading up on some of the other modules.

http://nwvault.ign.com/Files/modules/data/1031798553570.shtml
    Temple of the elder god, BT3, don't ahve to play the first two seemingly (but might be nice if we did, at higher level we'll walk through them pretty quickly). levels 5-7, good combat and some puzzles.

http://nwvault.ign.com/Files/modules/data/1029026226951.shtml
    Spires of Ravenloft, fantasy/horror - yes undead (again)
    for a challenge. lvls 6-9, more roleplaying than combat but it could be very nice. Great reviews.

http://nwvault.ign.com/Files/modules/data/1030317341687.shtml
    war of the yellow fang. Hack n slash. stomp stomp adventure. Good reviews though.

http://nwvault.ign.com/Files/modules/data/1031090266030.shtml

got good reviews, Flight of the Spirits (Multiplayer) but seemingly has a quite difficult section near the end. Some people gave up on this because of that. Might be a Raven re-visited :)

the first two would be my preferred choices but a hack n slash might be a good change (remember the Orc siege?)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Jak

Aye we need a war/hack'em'up mod - need to get people to 8 I think to go back to Raven.

JAK.

Advertisement