Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Publicity Push

Options
  • 15-12-2002 12:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭

Alright folks. I'm sure you have noticed that Ireland Offline have started to get a bit more media attention. Most, well all in fact, of this has been radio and print. We feel that now is the time to move to a new level, TV. We have held off on this so far as it is the hardest to get on. Now is the time because we can point to all the things we have done on radio and in print to show them that we are serious and that other people take us seriously.

I have spoken to a reseacher on the Agenda show on TV3. I explained what we were about. He seems quite interested. I told him that January was going to be important and we would like to be on a show then. What we need the members to do is start to mail the agenda programme to show them that people are interested. We don't need threats or scary mails, just the facts.

I also tried to contact the Late Show put they haven't phoned me back yet. If anyone has any other ideas for programmes that we should be on let me know.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 47 optip

Some more info...

Agenda web site:
    http://www.tv3.ie/prog_agenda.htm

and their email address:
    agenda@tv3.ie

/optip

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭DonegalMan

Could there be a feature here for Prime Time, something along the lines of "The E-hub of Europe - Ireland's modern myth" ?

Probably not enough for a full programme, but certainly enough for a feature within a programme IMO.

Another possibility would be to get Question Time to include something the next time there is a government announcement, asking them to have someone from IOFFL on the panel.

Martin Harran

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Did'nt RTE have a comusmer affairs type prog on a while back?
    Can't recall the name or even if its still on thier schedules, but if anyone knows they'd be worth a call...

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

RTE did have a consumer affairs programme a while back but it was cancelled :(

Donegalman, funny you should mention that but it falls exactly into Prime Times sphere of interest. Much more so than the late late. We have an avenue of approach here which is being worked on but it would be very helpful if anyone else could help with prime time.

Post here or PM me or Pudding if you can help

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Email sent.

Hopefully they'll see this as an opportunity to get one over on RTE...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

Thanks for the responses folks. Keep them coming. Don't forget to contact the TV programmes, let them know there is interest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Don't give up on the Late Late. For one thing, these kind of debates have happened on the show before... for another, it's got the biggest viewership out of all the shows you mentioned... and that'd be a vital bonus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Originally posted by daveirl
    Despite Kenny's best efforts....

Anyone have the contact details for the Late Late handy

Late Late Show, RTÉ, Donnybrook, Dublin 4.
    Tel: (01) 2082092
    Email: latelate@rte.ie
    Web: www.rte.ie/tv/latelate

• Advertisement
Advertisement