Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your advice please? (long read)

Options
  • 14-12-2002 2:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

September
    I am in the nightclub talking to a neighbour of mine. This lad comes p says that a girl over in his group of friends says she knows me. He asked a couple of questions and goes off and comes back and some more questions and goes back but this time she comes back. I talk to her and check her out. I pass her off as not that good looking. The nightclub was very dark we find out she seen me around the college in Galway last year.

Thursday (12th December)
    I am in a pub with a few friends and I am watching the Celtic game and talking to my friends. The same girl comes over again. She says hello and explains who she is again. My friends are all taking the piss and get really embarrassed. I talk to her and get her name etc. she is much nicer looking now. I don’t say much as my friends are there. She walks off and I get the 3rd degree from my friends about who see is. I also get some piss taking as to why I don’t go over and talk to her. Good job I didn’t but read further on for more details on that.

The nightclub
    I go to the nightclub with intentions to go chat this one up. I spend most of the night looking for her. I find her and I find more out about her. I find out she has a bf and I don’t care I make some moves and let her know how I feel. I hold her hand rub her arse and she never stops any of this. I continue you this until I her friends come over I get introduced as a friend. She starts talking to her friends and I feel odd as they guess what I am up to and they know she has a bf. She talks to her friends and moves away.

I give up. At the end of the nightclub one of my friends spots her sitting on the floor on in a hallway on the nightclub. They hound me to go talk to her. I do. I sit beside her and start chatting to her. I hold her hand. She tells me about her bf. I find out he works in the pub we were in earlier. I find out he is not here and that he is not the best bf in the world. She is very drunk. I tell her to get up off the ground, as it is wet. She says I might fall over and I say I wont let you. I hope to bring her outside. Then she spots one of her bf mates. She goes over to him and I follow. They talked about her bf. Then walk off as if looking for someone. She says nothing to me and I head back to my friends a defeated man.

I really like this girl. I let her know how I felt. I hope she has feelings for me.
    I don’t have her number. She has finished college while I have one more week. I might see her this Thursday night she did say she might be around next week. I didn’t get her number. I am not back in college next January as I am off on 6 months work experience. I will be around college for rag week.
    I am unlikely to see her till September if she is back. I only know her first name but there is ways and means of finding out her surname.

What do you make of this? Please let me know what to do next.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Mutz

Stop thinking about her and Stay away from her... get someone who's not attached... your only wrecking your own head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Durden

Very true. Not only will this mess with you mentally, but if the bf finds out... If you are going to keep going, hire a bodyguard

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

she regards me as a friend and could i ot get her number as a friend. this girl already cost me some of my beauty sleep last night and i have exams this week i cant afford to think about her but i cant help it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭YoungNastyMan

Stop snatching other mens Snatch.

Originally posted by YoungNastyMna
    Stop snatching other mens Snatch.
    i am not the type of person that usuallly goes after women that are taken but i do feel like there is something between us.

its nots me doing all the chasing.

i mean why else you she recognise me from galway if she didnt fancy me. she must have been doing an awful lot of looking.

thats the only reason i think fits what is going on.

i cant forget about her but i will try not to get break her and her bf up. i hope to get her number and say if it doesnt work out give me a ring.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Christ's sake, "other men's snatch" - this is a human being he's talking about, not a piece of property. If she wants to be with hi, Inch'Allah so be it. Have youse never watched the fillums? The love interest is always attached to some loser until the hero shows her what she's missing and whisks her away.

So, er, buy a whisk, it might come in handy.

any women got any advice for me.Its beeen all males so far.

i hope it works out like it does in the films but i wont be that lucky. i never am.

I not the best looking man on the planet so i recently started to set my targets lower in regards to women. No more looking at the sexiest girl in the niteclub for me. i am aiming lower and might pick up a real gem.

when this girl comes up to me twice to talk to me with out reallying knowing me is something in my books. Would people agree or not?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭YoungNastyMan

1. Just cause she recognised dosent mean she fancied ya,
    (you might just be hidiously ugly,and she remembered "theres that minger from galway)

2. Pickarooney, Unlortunatly for you life is not like the movies.ill repeat it. MOVIES ARE NOT AN ACCURATE INTERPRETATION OF LIFE.

3.Stop fishing for other mens flange.

Corrrected Post.
    quote:
    Originally posted by YoungNastyMna
    1. Just cause she recognised dosent mean she fancied ya,
    (you might just be hidiously ugly,and she remembered "theres that minger from galway)

i am ugly. thanks for pointing that out.

Very good point. i never thought of it like that. But if she thought i was a minger why she come up to talk to me.

Whoops, no_hope_in_love, typo's can be very funny sometimes:D
    For my two cent, forget her for now and concentrate on the next one, it's not easy, but if you do that, six months time and you read back over this, you'll wonder what you were worried about.

mm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭rachel

It seems like all you have to go on is that this girl who you thought was a minger actually turns out to be hot and has a boyfriend and then you meet her in a club and she's locked, moaning about her boyfriend, more than likely attention seeking and enjoying the attention you're giving her. At the end of the night she walks off on you. Add in to this equation a couple of signs (all the recognition stuff) which is open to major misinterpretation.
    She says her boyfriend isn't the best boyfriend in the world but it looks like it may be the other way around, i.e. she's a ''bad girlfriend''. She's in a club with a relative stranger grabbing her ass and holding her hand.
    I'd say she probably does like you but not enough to break up with her boyfriend or look for anything more. To me, it just looks like she recognised you, led you on, used you [possibly unintentionally] and then got back on with her life.
    As had been said above in some way or another, forget about her and move on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭McGinty

Froma woman's prospective, yes I think she does fancy you but she could also be feeding her own ego. If her boyfriend is treating her badly, she could be looking for support elsewhere. However her treatment of you is questionable. Do you deserve to be ignored and disregarded in the manner she is treating you, if you did hook up together, what are the chances that she may chat up some other fella and portray you as the bad fella.

Any decent woman, would dump said bad boyfriend and then chase said objection of affection. I know its hard and you like her, and you think you are not that good looking but beauty is in the eye of the beholder but there are more fish in the sea.

However I have one serious bone of contention, why do fellas say I won;t bother with the better looking girls and go for the plainer ones, that's so unfair. Go for who your fancy, do you think plain girls will just go for anyone, and how do you define plain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kell

Try and establish how much she likes you. Get her to meet you for lunch or something and ask her straight what the deal is and decide then. If she doesnt like you enough to drop the BF ass h*le then leave it be.

Originally posted by McGinty

However I have one serious bone of contention, why do fellas say I won;t bother with the better looking girls and go for the plainer ones, that's so unfair. Go for who your fancy, do you think plain girls will just go for anyone, and how do you define plain.

the reason i said i go for plainer girls is years of getting turned done by the finer looking girls.Plainer girls have usually more of a personality and are nicer to be with.

Plain. Somebody who has is ok looking with a nice personality.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

you hardly even seem to know this girl.
    stop wasting your time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

aye, the hole thing seams like a head recker. You'd be better off finding someone else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Ms Taken

If she really likes you she will dump her boyfriend for you other than that i don't see how it can work without you getting your head kicked in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Mewzel

sounds to me like shes stringing you along for a bit of an ego boost. (girls i know seem to do that alot). go for someone who is more worthy of your attention, ie. wont screw you around and mess with your head all the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Clintons Cat

ok from experience,there are some girls who love to flirt with guys in front of their boyfriends just to get back at them or make them jelous.
    Believe it or not there are girls who get turned on by the idea of two men fighting over her.whilst your down the A & E getting your nose reset she and her boyfriend will be off someplace making up.

The fact she tried chatting you up where her boyfriend works kind of confirms my suspicions.

Foget about her,you are on a hiding to nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

[HARSE MODE]

Can I just say, GROW THE FÚCK UP........ She was drunk, don't bust your balls or the boyfriends balls over some chick that was probably to drunk to know what was happening. I can't stress enough that situations like that are normally a drunken girl who feels insecure about a relationship they are in. Pawn some random bloke for a chat / shoulder to cry on. Then run alone to their boyfriend. Fair enough, you may like her........ but its not going to happen sitting in a puddle, pissed as a fart on a thursday night.

Lets look at the possible out comes.

1. You get together! Great you think.
    2. The boyfriend finds out, is bigger then you, kicks fúck out of you. You are in pain and dont get the girl.
    3. You try it on when you are a little drunk and she is sober, calls you an asshole dumps you breaks your heart and then spreads nasty rumours about you. This gets back to the boyfriend and No. 2 Happens.

4. You go out and get another attractive, nice, unattached girl. Everyone is happy.

Sorry if I was harse, but I've been there done that, been burnt etc.......

[/HARSE MODE]

John

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭GUI

Give the guy a break for **** sake..

theres feelings you get about another person you just cant explain..

Happened me and working for me :-)
    Starting seeing this girl i just couldnt stop thinking about for some reason when i only talked to her for a few minutes in a niteclub.
    i said to **** with it, and went after her.

but man do understand that guys are saying you dont have much to go on, what you think?

just the times you sat and talked..

and to be honest she did talk alot of ****e..
    "hes a bad boyfriend"

so shes a grade a girlfriend.. ?
    Unlikely,shes that easy to cheat on..

how would u ever trust her if ye did
    meet in a non-drunk state,hit it off and start dating?

i couldnt trust her,
    galways got plenty of quality girls..
    its xmas too,
    see if any other takes ur fancy ;-)

but go after her, even if ya do take a few uppercuts from the bf,
    at least u wont have ur mind wondering forever.
    thats the worst,not knowing!

I think you'll find the last line I said was "Sorry if I was harse, but I've been there done that, been burnt etc......." and I wasn't lying..... Luckily I'm slightly large and he didn't really have a fighting chance...... and I knew the bouncers. I learned that women fúck with your head and don't stop until something happens. In this case I kicked **** out of the bloke, after he tried to punch me. His friends were taken care of by the bouncers. I'm not saying I wanted to, but he went for me.

John

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭GUI

I learned that women fúck with your head and don't stop until something happenss

in your experience maybe?

bit of a dramatisation there Lump..?

some gals are really sweet and nice.. (usually these type of gals are really cute too ;-)

its the bitchy ones that kinda make ya wonder about approaching the nice ones :-)

hmmm
    well, maybe onyl the girls I've met...... I like a challange. I really ought to get the thumb out and get a "Nice" girl, I have one in mind :)

John

Advertisement