Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NeoCron

Options
  • 14-12-2002 1:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭

Anyone played it? If so is it any good and give details of what its like :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

im playing it pretty intensely atm

theres a full blown war going on between 2 of the cities in the game (player run war)

its fantastic, still in its infancy so its having teething touble, but i think it will be up and running.

There is about 30 weapons in each class (melee, drone, pistol, high tech pistol, rifle, high tech rifle, heavy weapon, high tech heavy eapon)

the graphics at the moment look the same as deus ex but i have it on good autorty that the free update in january will be fixing that.

The game world is pretty huged, but its zoned off, each zone is about the size of a tribes map.

Gameplay is a bit boring to begin with but once you develop your charcter a bit (4-5 hours work) it gets real fun, then when you get near the higher echelons (maybe 1 month if your not power playing) it gets seriously intense, with a side order of politics.

I took part in an 80 player battle which spanned half of Neocron city itself, managed to kill 9 people :):)

if you decide to play let me know as im on a 6 month subscription :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Thorbar

theres a full blown war going on between 2 of the cities in the game (player run war)

What are the mechanics behide the player run wars? Are they kinda like the the wars in camelot where the developer has created certain factions that have to fight each other, or is it more like what shadowbane is going to be where you can declare war or ally with anyone? Or are they GM run events?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

i beta'ed this gem back during the summer and it was very addictive. most of the cool stuff wasnt even up and there werent any quests, but who cares, since the strip club was open 24/7 and the drugs were cheap. i remember taking some speed enhancing ones (forgot the name), and the screen went static for a good half hour :p

the developers would drop in from time to time and spawn monsters and enemy AI at a pre designated spot. total mayhem...

about the player wars. i think its down with pre designed factions. when you create your character you get to choose which corporation who will side with. it also decided where in Neocron your apartment would be. i think NEXT corporation had the nicest ones in the beta, they came with their own clothes changer. fancy stuff

adnans

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

does anyone here play on the saturn server?

Advertisement