Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF8 Demo b0rked

Options
  • 12-12-1999 7:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭

I downloaded the ff8 PC demo to see whats all the fuss about but when I ran it, all I got was a blank screen, hmmf. I tried setting the desktop to 16bit etc. Anyone else get a similar problem with the demo and know how to fix it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Asuka

whered you get the demo spoon?
    do you know what the min specs are?

A

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

The demo is nice, but they just chose a section of the game at random, which annoyed me... why not use the segment in the PSX demo, (the one which came bundled with Brave Fencer Musashi) which rocked majorly?

The only reason I'd pick up PC FF8 is if they release a version of it on one DVD. Now THAT would be cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭SickBoy

I bought a PSX on saturday just so I could play this game!!

I think its cool BTW

Jimmy...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Chubby

The demo looks worse than the psx because they seem to have used low quality background pictures to minimise download time. I would expect the release version to look a lot better like the high res movie of Squall and Rinoa dancing.

As for picking this section of the game for the demo. Well, FF8 is really a love story between those 2 so it's just a chance to show off the 2 leads. And chicks dig that dancing scene wink.gif There is no way they can release the same demo they bundled with Brave Fenser Musashi for the PC because there's just too much stuff. The download would be huge and it's already about 70 megs.

You gonna to finish that?
    *munch*munch*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

www.ign.com

Demo ran fine first time for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭bugs

Demo's crap, worse than the psx version,
    that said, it'll run on pretty much any
    PC as long as u have some sorta 3d card.
    The demo's bugged tho and has problems with
    a few cards, the ATI is the only one i can
    think of right now.
    Go to www.ffnet.net and they'll tell u where
    to get the demo as well as some interesting stuff or something

Advertisement