Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tribes 3

Options
  • 12-12-2002 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭

When we make another Tribes game
    (I'm still thinking of a good name)
    Skiing will require skill -
    No speed cap, and skiing uphill.
    The graphics rock - worlds come alive -
    But won't require a GeForce 5.
    Lance, bomber, tank, I doubt they'll go
    But they'll be better this time though.
    We learned our lesson about forums -
    They're the domain of those who whore 'em.
    An open beta early on
    Will help make sure the bugs are gone
    So it's a given that we'll have one
    And only launch when it is done.
    Can't trust a weasel not to lie
    But cross my fingers, hope to die
    No more a question - may or might
    The next Tribes game got a green light.
    in an Abe Simpson voice: bring baaack the tribes forummms.

i dont want people turning this into a tribes2 sucked, and tribes1 was the best game ever thread. behave and count your lucky stars that they have decided to release another tribes game.

adnans

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭Doodee

I dunno, I think there are aspects of Tribes 2 that were good reguardless of what ppl said,
    Tribes 1 did own!

YEAAAAA!! More tribes the better, online gaming is where its all fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

/me crosses his fingers and hopes the new kids get it right.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

They're not getting my money again after the steaming shít-heap that was Tribes 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭silverski

Has there been any word on a release date :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Never played Tribes 2, so I can't comment on it's suckiness. I liked the first one though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Never played 1 but loved 2.

Still play it so my ignorance to the 1st is blissful.
    Goddamn i want that game.

Please god let them release some modding tools ,me imagines a ww2 mod of tribes damn Dice beat me to it but mine will be better oh yes mUHAHAHAHHAHAHA.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Tribes 2 rocked, TBH. The servers sucked, TBH. ;)

Any other info on this new tribes game? Whatever it is, it sounds tasty. ;)

-DA-

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

Where was that quote from??

I've said it before and i'll say it again. I've had more fun playing Tribes 1 than any other game I've ever played and tribes 2 was just gorgeous but they left out the speed factor which kinda dulled it down but I will be dying to see what they release as Tribes 3 because i'm sure it will ****in own just like the other two tbh.

Ry

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

Liked 1, loved 2(and still play it) and now I find myself looking forward to 3

theres always been something about largescale teambased combat that draws me to it....could never explain it...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Originally posted by SpiraL
    Where was that quote from??

Its from the Tribalwar forums. It was made by Alex 'Marweas' Rodberg, who apart from being quite a good poet is the Marketing Brand Manager of Tribes or some such title.

Even though hes a brand manager, hes had a remarkable impact on the franchise since he replaced Dave 'Qix' Georgeson. He is pretty much the man responsible for the final bugfix and patch and the repackage of Tribes 2.

If hes let oversee the Tribes 3 project, Id be fairly optimistic that it will turn out MILES better than the steaming pile of buggy crap that landed on shelves when T2 was released (not an opinion, a fact - the game out of the box was unplayable until it was patched).

I always said theres no way im going to look forward to another tribes game after the shafting i feel i got with t2, but this is a great bit of news and maybe ill re-evalute once they officially announce the game (early next year by Marweas reckoning).

Theres no other news apart from the fact that Sierra/Vivendi have given a green light to a new game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

Yeah bring back the Tribes board, I miss being a mod. :)

I hope they take a good long look at Battlefield 1942 and what makes it great, which is basically the vehicles - easy to play, difficult to master and very very effective. I cry sometimes when I think of the utter ****ness of the aircraft in both tribes games vs the fighter aircraft in 1942.

Teeth.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

Tribes 3 could be great... tribes 2 had such potential but as Dr. Teeth says they should take a good look at BF1942 this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Grand_Izer

Well i'm still playing Tribes 2 (+ enjoying it) and Tribes 3 sounds like good stuff. Count me in.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,044 ✭✭✭BKtje

i didn't like the movement of the characters in tribes2.

too slow and awkward for me.
    might give tribes 3 a go cos the game did have potential.

The references to BF amaze me i think BF is tribes in ww2 (check my website for my long running views on this) If Dice had of sacrificed graphics for gameplay and netcode BF would be king.

But it lacks the accessibility of Tribes ( i played tribes 2 on a crap pc with 56k)

I just want a toolset and a decent game to unite the tribeeeeeeees (1 and 2 haters and lovers).

As i said about BF if done right could be a challenger to Half Lifes onlines dominance ( it wasnt losing servers every week ,MOH:AA is beating it now in terms of servers and players).

kdjaC

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

I there any offline play in tribes 2? when i got tribes 1 it kinda had totally died and all the was were a few duel servers in england left?

few missions with some buddies but basic training not worthy of a purchase for that.

But there a lot of servers still up about 350 last count and all have 64 players which is nice.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Originally posted by KdjaC

I just want a toolset and a decent game to unite the tribeeeeeeees (1 and 2 haters and lovers).

Amen Brother :)

The only thing certain at this point is that Marweas seems to have copped on about the speed aspect of it, since hes more or less saying that skiing will be 'proper' in the next one.

If that holds true, then they need to come up with a way to actually make vehicles useful, rather than being a 'kewl' way to get from a to b.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 5,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭spooky donkey

Well this thread has just inspired me to install the game again i havent played it in over a year. Wonder how many patchs i`ll need now for tirbes 2.

Look forward to tribes 3!

Originally posted by Funky
    tribes2 sucked tribes1 was the best game eveR¬!

Someone did post and aks for this TRIBES 3 thread not to be turned into a I hate/love 1/2 flame war hehehehehe

Tho i would love if Tribes 3 got both sets of playes back playing again.

I hate when good games die to early.
    Tribes still has servers but if it was more like 1 it would have more players still playing it.

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

I loved tribes 2 and since I only played tribes 1 after 2 could never get into it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭El Marco

Originally posted by KdjaC

Hehe, good luck, I've had many a scrummage with Dusty and the likes.

But as long as there's someone on the production team who knows what gamers want I'm looking forward to tribes 3!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Operation Flashpoint Resistance CTF + vehicles tbh, though tribes is lots of fun too.
    BF1942 doesn't "feel" quite right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Asuka

If it brings back that ol' tribes 1 magic, i look forward to it :)

A

well i tried to give tribes 2 another go after seeing this thread, but i had to download a 88 meg patch so i said to hell with that!

Hope tribes 3 doesent suffer the same fate!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 AntiPop

The rumour mill has been working overtime on this one yet there has been no game info released at all yet :)

The one rumour that could be true is based partly on fact. It is true that Sierra have signed 2015 (of MOH fame) to make a new action game for them, many are suggesting this could be T3.

As for those of you who liked T2 but disliked the pyhsics well the latest patches has solved that. The newset patch includes "Classic" Mod, a mod which brings back T1 style pyshics and add that to the T2 graphics. It's very popular and there are plenty of servers, you may want to try it.

The patch also fixed the age old problems of UEs every ten seconds and the extreme loss of FPS that some people experienced. All in all Marweas and GarageGames did a great job fixing T2, something that is very evident from the number of returning players.

I'm sure with marweas looking after things that T3 will be a hit!

YEha thats good hear about tribes too but no use to someone with a modem who needs the 88 meg patch so he can play a game that you paid good money for. I baught that game the day it came out and used to play it on line a bit. Downloading the odd 1 or 2 meg patch. U give it up for a while, reinstall it, and now its an 88 meg patch!

WOnder if i baught the budget release of would all the new patches be included in that one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 AntiPop

They are supposed to be bringing out a re-release on budget with the latest patches on, they may have even done it already.

Fact is 88 meg is not much bigger than some CS patches, guess they figure people will download them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement