Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

free games sign up for test.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

also signed up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭silverski

Also Signed up

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Signed up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

submitted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭El Marco

I am indeed signed up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭Karma

Just love those CAPS.

Got a mail today regarding the game.
    The Download is availible now so see you on the battlefield

:)

I got in aswell :D
    Cyas on the battlefield, the download is just over 80meg, so should be downloadable for all you modem'ers, im gonan leave mien to download over night tho, be ready on chrimbo mornin :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

http://www.sega.com/games/pc/post_pc1look.jhtml;jsessionid=DLM4G1JMTQURYCRSBUFCNGYKGIGRIMS5?article=1look_starpeace

looks an awful lot like sim city 2000 network edition attacked with a scurck tileset. might be fun im not going to try it but hey its free for the moment.

have fun folks.

Just downloaded it last night, so far i think its a fantastic game (especially since its still in early testing), the game is almost pure stratagy (right troops for the right job) and because theres absolutely no luck at all involved, a good commander WILL beat a bad one. Love the naval in it, battleships and aircraft carriers *dribble*, problem with aircraft carriers is their price, to get one with all 4 planes on it it costs 18points............ the standard tank costs 2! So 4 battle ships and 2 full aircraft carriers is pretty much an unstoppable force :)
    Like the hidden ally part of the game, and when the enemy attacks an area you get to control that area and smack down some guerrella troops, however the army you can afford it rather abysmal so dont count on winning without other troops backup :)
    I would advise everyone to download this game, especially if they liked the civilisation, it seems very similar, the combat works the same way, except you always hit, so theres no luck involved and damage is same every hit (varies from viechle to viechle tho, eg: tank = 2 damage, Ostrich = 3 damage etc).

Gets a big thumbs up from me, havent tried it again other guys tho, the AI is keeping me busy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

i love this game , deathmatch is fairly easy though i admit i had trouble with the 2nd training mission. Anyone fancy a game , my username is funky on the server...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

downloaded it, installed it, tried it, disliked it. It reminds me of the old battle isle type games, which were and are fine for what they are, but this just seems like a very simplistic basic strategy game. ok it has a few nice touches, but i got bored rather quickly of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Snaga

aye... its all very 'simple' isnt it. Nice lil graphics, the models are nice etc.. but its all very very 'simple'.

Id enjoy a game or two but I expect a bit more in my games these days tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Snaga

I played it again last night and my opinion of it has improved slightly.

It smacks of Risk to me, but a nicely souped up version. I actually had several enjoyable games against the computer AI until it crashed out on me (at least it waited till id won on one occasion).

Advertisement