Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hash? on a Mac?

Options
  • 12-12-2002 11:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭

Couple of keys I've been looking for on the Mac keyboard that are easily found on the PC keyboard...

one of them is the hash key ( # ) ... had to copy and paste it...

where will I find it on the Mac keyboard?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Ye I always forget what that is, its alt 4 or 5 or something on the numbers.

If you want your fodas or whatchmcallits use alt i and then then i or o you want. Alt - i - a for example.

arrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Alt-1 is ¡ (upside down exclamation)
    Alt-2 is € (euro)
    Alt-3 is # (hash)
    Alt-4 is ¢ (US cent)
    Alt-5 is ? (infinity)
    Alt-6 is §
    Alt-7 is ¶ (paragraph)
    Alt-8 is • (dot)
    Alt-9 is ª
    Alt-0 is º

Thanks Gordon :)

Oh and thanks for the fada help too... that would have been my next question... but what you suggested seems to give me âêôîû ... (?)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Yes, sorry I always forget as I don't use them.

Use alt with the vowels and see what happens. A fada is either alt e or alt u or alt a etc etc. You can get circumflexes by using some of the other consonants too, have a mess around.

whot whot

Advertisement