Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skateboarders, Rollerbladers, possibly bmxers

Options
  • 11-12-2002 7:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭

Good news for all, Ramp 'N' Rail Skatepark on the Drumcondra Road Upper in Dublin (opposite the Jury's Skylon hotel) has re-opened for business between the hours of 10am to 8pm.

Finally they managed to get some insurance sorted. There is a coverage fee of 20E to join up and sessions are priced between 5-7 Euro. More info when I get it, shall edit post. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭Cork Skate

There is light at the end of the tunnel so.

Can you find out what kind of insurance it is and from who did they get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

sure thing, I'll get back to you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭domeara01

even though i am not from dublin i am very happy to hear that because i used to take alot of trips there when it was open. it isnt very easy to construct a skate park in the deeper pitts of hell you know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭the Guru

Insurance in Ireland is Now going to be a nightmare as you are probably aware premiums that are so high yiou just cant afford them.

Do you catually know of any companies that proivde Extreme adventure sports that have Insurance I know there are some that still have premiums but alot I have heard of dont and I wont name anyone.

But Just be carefull with Waiver forms

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

I don't guru, the insurance deal they got is a strange one too, some form of public liability whereby people aren't covered to be skating/ramps etc but are covered to be on the premises, whatever that means I don't know, they weren't even v.willing to discuss the details of it with me, let alone name a company which is v.v.strange :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

Its probably just a procaution, if they give out the details on their insurance policy whats to stop 100 more people opening up parks around dublin and causing them hassle. Its a rockin palce and ive spent many an evening there alone when its empty falling off my skateboard, so we are better off just letting it be and letting them get on with running the place. Although im still not happy bout the price of Clothes in any of the skate shops;) although from what ive found even the net is expensive. Im after a few elusive Element hoodys and Tshirts

Bomb

Advertisement