Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sega Emu problem

Options
  • 11-12-2002 5:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭

So i downloaded a couple of the sega emu's(Kgen98, dgen and genecyst) and they're workin fine, but then i toke them home and put them on my laptop and and when i open up kgen98 it opens but is all shaking?!? and the genecyst and dgen ones just crash! Whats the story? I also have the zsnes emu on my laptop and that works fine, no probs at all! Anybody know what the prob is?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

they are old and not up to the level of the modern ones so dont bother with them at all.

Look here and you will see the light.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,965 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

VOTE GENS! The best Sega emu around at the moment imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

so which is better

Gens?

or

Lazarus?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

Its actually called kega. the source code was lost in a hard drive crash a few months ago. v0.03 was called zig because if you loaded zero wing(all your base are belong to us) it changed the text to all your base are belong to steve. he named the newest version lazarus because of it rising from the dead.

there is not a lot in it. both have almost identicle compatability for the mega drive, kega has slightly less in mega cd compatability and it wont play iso+mp3s like gens. however it is faster and has a very good tv mode filter. gens is a slight bit slower(very slight) but has the edge in mega cd and it also does 32x(uber leet computer needed).

use both.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

which one is better though?
    (sorry for repeat question but i would like to know which one is better thanks)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 5,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭spooky donkey

Well my 4 year old likes kgen98 and he has no problems running it on his Pentium 1. The interface is easy enough for him to use and he is happy playing sonic! Amzing how good he is at sonic now!

I dont know any of the other emu`s for the sega and there may well be better ones out there so i might just give them a try when i get a chance!

Advertisement