Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Launch attack on Mobile Networks

Options
  • 10-12-2002 11:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭

Ok So every time I come on here I see al this **** slagging of Esat NTL Eircom and rightly so .......and this is Probably not the right place for this thread

But when is an attack going to be launched on Vodafone O2 Meteor ................... They are ripping the ar*eholes out of us and nothing is said , there are over 3 million mobiles users in Ireland and you would think by now that somebody would say something.

What do you think should something be done or should we just sit back because its not effecting our Internet and thats all that matters now adays
    //1.6c Landline call and 13c for a mobile per minute in the evening do the maths.

And the Companies that are ripping us of are not even Irish companies that the worst thing about it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

I say lets stick to slagging off Eircom, Esat and NTL. Stick to what you know. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭zynaps

I think overall (well excluding power for recharger...) I've spent €50 on my phone since I got it for free (student dealio) exactly this time last year.

Though meteor probably made the money back from others calling me at bloated rates ;)

Still, 50 euros from me isn't a great victory, for a year. If their costs weren't so blatantly ridiculous (40c or something per minute to call an eircom landline at ANY time of the day/weekend) I'd use it for something other than texts :)

zynaps

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

I am both a Vodafone employee and a Vodafone customer. I think our CSR service is exceptional compared to other irish utility companies (Eircom/ESB). I think our service is excellent.
    Stick to slaggin off Eircom. You wont find too much wrong with our mobile operators.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭MagicBusDriver

Originally posted by Chief---
    I am both a Vodafone employee and a Vodafone customer. I think our CSR service is exceptional compared to other irish utility companies (Eircom/ESB). I think our service is excellent.
    Stick to slaggin off Eircom. You wont find too much wrong with our mobile operators.

We should stick with internet access in the Ireland Offline form, but how the fu*k can vodafone justify €20,000 a GB with GPRS

Why the fu*ck should the government allow a situation where these companies (Vodafone,o2) have margins which would make Microsoft jealous.

There is a need to allow greater competition in the market by awarding licenses to any one that wants one, subject to technical limitations Also for the regulator to mandate virtual operators, without vodafone fu*king them over.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,805 ✭✭✭Calibos

Reminds me of the scene in Lethal Weapon 4 between Joe Pesci and Chris Rock, "They f*ck us on the cell phones....they f*ck us on the........."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭STaN

This should be in "Wireless"

I'm personally really happy with vodafone, just dont use them for the net

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Ho Ho Ho!

My elves tell me this thread has nothing to do with the Aims and Objectives of URL=http://www.irelandoffline.org/home/staticpages/index.php?page=20020326145648812]Ireland Offline[/URL] , so im closing the thread.

Ho Ho Ho!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement