Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone have an eircom rep come to your door?

Options
  • 09-12-2002 9:24am
    Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭

To try and get you to denounce UTV and come back into the welcoming arms of our beloved mutant rat? Seemingly eircom rates have dropped signifigantly. I said their prices must have been quite over inflated if they could afford a 20% drop due to competetion. Yer man said that the odtr had fixed their prices? Have you ever heard of that?

Anyway, I told the rep all about irelandoffline and advised him to have a look at the utv thread if he wanted more info. (Said he hadn't heard much about utv?)

Anyway, that's all for now...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Legbreaker

I hope nobody in here believes the sh1te in the €ircon advertising campaign about this alleged 20% reduction.

They SELECTIVELY reduced ONE tariff by 20%, National Calls that is, and bleated away about it in the media for weeks afterwards....when not lying about Broadband that is.

The did NOT reduce

Local Calls (used for Internet access along with 1890)
    Mobile Calls (much of what is actually billed nowadays)
    Line Rental ...
    International Rates (not one was reduced AFAIR)

and then they removed Internet Access codes such as 1891 from their Discount schemes while they were at it resulting in a charge increase of 10% for those who were availing of Circle of Friends and/or 'Options' .

These charges have been discussed here in the past 2 months or so as they happened.

So what did yer man have to offer ya then?

M

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Tut Tut... I didn't say I believed him. In fact he agreed that UTVIP worked out far cheaper for me. He didn't even attempt a proper offer, he mumbled something about national call rates and left quietly.. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭Andor

Hmm, i hope he takes Pepper Spray about with him...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,613 ✭✭✭milltown

Actually...

10% discount (as in circle of friends etc.) is exactly what it says on the tin.
    But!
    If they take back the discount you are looking at an increase of 11.11111%

Advertisement