Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starfox Adventures

Options
  • 08-12-2002 4:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭

Been playing mine all day.
    Uses the zelda64 engine no doubt, but the graphics are hugely different. Detailed down to the shreds of hair on fox's face. Has to be some of the best graphics I've ever seen.

The voice overs aren't great though..fox's is alright, but all in all I preffered lylat war's ones.

Been on 2 Arwing missions, the graphics are excellent, its a shame they dont last as long as the lylat wars missions did though..

Storyline is alright so far...it'll probably get much deeper as I play, so i cant give too much word on that yet.

Rares last game on a nintendo console, and its also shaping up to be their best..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Uses the zelda64 engine no doubt

*boggle*

Er anyway.... Starfox Adventures is fun. It's not anything all that special - graphics are gorgeous (proving that the Cube can look easily as good as an Xbox when it's trying hard enough) and the presentation is excellent, but it's basically a "not as good as Zelda 64" zelda-clone, and the combat is utterly tedious.

That said I enjoyed it a lot but it's still not a classic game by any means - there's just nothing new in there and everything has been done better somewhere else.

I dunno about it being Rare's best. Goldeneye or Jet Force Gemini, surely? That said, I've never really rated Rare, outside of Goldeneye... They're a Nintendo rip-off shop that does fairly weak filler stuff to pad out the catalogue of Ninty consoles. Banjo Kazooie? Conkers Bad Fur Day? Give me a break - tat that wouldn't be looked at twice on any other platform.

Makes one wonder how the hell they were worth a quarter of a billion quid to Microsoft, other than the simple prestige of the name.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,468 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I've been playing it for the last week on and off, and got a good few hours into it over the weekend. I'm really really enjoying it. Combat is simplistic but satisfying, puzzles range from simplistic to head scratching and its actually getting a tiny bit challenging now (I'm at the second Krazoa Spirit).

My only complaints so far are that is unbelievably linear (the hardest part is finding out where to go next). And if I hear that jingle/see the animation where Fox finds something new ONE MORE TIME, I'm going to throw my Gamecube out the window.

The first boss confrontation really reminds me of another game, but I can't remember what one..... Anyone else find this really familiar?

Great game, though. Really enjoying it.

OT - Anyone get the new Bomberman game on the gamecube? Is it any good?

- Dave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭StarScream

shinji how the hell can u sya that about rare- goldeneye was their best game along with the well underated JFG but their games were never rip offs cause they always did something new blast corps was the most original games iv ever played. and i had more fun with banjo than mario 64 it was an amazing game with plenty of humour, new ideas (for example the brilliant end on the game board) and a good storyline (even if it was kiddy)

Advertisement