Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Settings on Sharp GX-10

• 07-12-2002 5:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I bought a Sharp GX-10 Bonus pack. I checked all the settings on my phone and they are correct for accessing Vodafone live. I rang up and they said GPRS is enabled and I am also activated as a live customer. But when I go into the live menu I just get a error message saying 'check setting'. I can choose on the settings to connect using CSD and it works but it costs 15c a minute and GPRS is free until march so id like to use GPRS. Anyone ant ideas whats wrong?
    Thanks,
    Kev.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

hi kevin - with Live! support you talk to a regular customer service rep - who has to repeat your issue to a tech rep - i got caught in a kind of feedback look for days until I got the right pair at the right time and they were then able to set it up for me on a bill pay account

it might be worth while to go to a Vodafone store with a Live! demo and show them the problem - see if they will let you put your sim in their "working" GX-10:

still having a problem - it's at vodafone's end
    no problem - they need to sort out the phone for you

put a call into support while at the demo

Hope you get it sorted,
    Brian G

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭kevinmcc

Thanks DubWireless. Got the problem sorted myself by foolin around. It looks like Vodafone have the wrong settings themselves. On the GPRS Settings menu under APN, vodafone say to write in live.vodafone.com but I changed it to wap.vodafone.ie and its connecting no problem. Did anybody else with a Sharp GX-10 have this entered wrong on their phone? As for a Vodafone agent I went into one earlier today and that was the first live handset he ever seen.

Advertisement