Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GBA Afterburner Backlight Kit

Options
  • 07-12-2002 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭

sorry to be flooding boards with gba stuff but i just got it so i need some info .

Does any one have this , After burner kit ? Is it available in ireland ?
    light.jpg
    the results look great ! is its hard to install or so ?
    I havent tried getting any other external lights , i might go buy one soon if there ne good .

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

you can get them off www.lik-sang.com i havent seen them in ireland.
    i dont own one but from what ive seen i can tell you this
    1. they are well worth it
    and
    2. they are not hard(not much connections etc.) to install but very very awkward. plus you need a special screwdriver to open the gba case.

i think i seen a pre modded cover with the afterburner on lik-sang though. it looks like it would be easier to install.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

http://www.gamegizmo.com/products.php?sysID=5&catID=3&pID=117

there selling a pre installed one + multiregioned , i dont know if they ship here though ,

The link u just said , is that a hing kong site ? do theys hip to ireland ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

I have one, excellent results but the installation is a little tricky.
    You need to be very, very careful not to get dust on the screen when installing or you will be stuck with it. There is a bit of soldering work to be done also, but that is fairly simple. I ordered from Lik Sang and got the tri wing screwdriver free with it.

Dont know how i played on my GBA without it to be honest....

*edit* Just noticed you mentioned they sell them multiregioned.....all GBA are multiregioned anyhow. There is no region protection on the games.

lol , cool , didnt know that , is there ne where i can get the installation done , how much did it cost to get the after burner ?
    and how long did the shipping take ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

i bought some stuff off them earlier this year. they do ship to ireland but by airmail it can take weeks. i went for the ups shipping and i got it in 3 days. not bad for half way around the world.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

Id love to get this done but i dont kno the first thing about soldering or electronics.. is it be hard to do?
    Ive given up playing gba because the screen is so hard to see.. also i hear this thing eats batterys like theres no tomorrow.. is that true?

ups shipping ? Is that from the same website ? how much did that cost you ? i need to busy this kit asap ........

Soldering is kinda hard , u dont wanna be dripping pieces of melted metal all over u r gba .

I dunno if it eats u r batteries but of it does , then u could just get rechargeble ones and carry any extra recharged pair ,

Ok , erm its costing me about 73 euro to get

Afterburner Kit
    A black case with already made cut for the light
    EPS delivery

+then the risk of not ****ing up .

Have to give this a serious thought .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

There isnt much of a chance of feckin the GBA up completly. Worse thing that can really happen is getting dust on the laminate, just means you need another laminate (about €3.00).

Check out www.portablegamer.com

They are the makers of it and as far as i remember there where all sorts of retailer reviews and hints and tips all in the forum.

BTW, i emptied my PM box if you wanna resend that PM

Cool thanks , i was justmoped to ask u the cost of postage , its grand now i found out ,

i think il sell my gba and then get one with back light for 170 euros of portablegame.co.uk.

thanks for the help

• Advertisement
Advertisement