Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa '03

Options
  • 06-12-2002 11:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭

Just got my copy on gc today, have to say that its a pretty good game.. the crowd are excellent,and the way robbie keane handstands made me laugh,but Ireland are a hugely underestimated team in it..damien duff is fairly crap in it too.. commentators are the best I've seen in a game so far, even making referances to the roy keane scandal

opinions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

been playing the demo on my PC for the past 2 weeks.

imo, best fifa game since WC'98.

The players shouting to each other is a class touch.

Presentation is faultless. Player names and numbers and club sponsors

no commentry in the demo sadly so cant comment.

The bro is getting it for his b/day [Dec 24 miserable git]

Harder to get into tho but worth the effort to get used to the passing n shooting.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

playing the PC demo as well,

Its pretty much the worst series of games ever

Is easily beaten by the superb Pro Evo Soccer 2.

Its cartoon football, and an absolute waste of money

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

kevomagic.jpg

bleedin' rapid

FIFA 98 - Road to The World Cup was the best. the world cup one was identical to rtwc but with only the international teams and no qualifying. whereas the rtwc had national and international teams, club competitions full qualifying and the world cup itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

Jesus,just played a game with my mate, and the atmosphere is really bloody amazin..Ireland v Cameroon, playin at Lansdowne road, Cameroon score at 8mins and dominate the first half,I fight back in the second half, looking the better side, but with 10mins to go (working out as about 2 game minutes), it didnt look like I was going to make the breakthrough, but then a bad pass from the cameroon sends the ball directly into duffs path who'se between the cameroons box and halfway, he runs down the wing with the cameroon defender in close pursuit, theres no way I can get in there myself with duff, so I shove down the L button and send robbie keane in on a run, duff gets himself right at the line with the defender directly to his left, and suddenly turns around, with another defender in hot pursiut, theres no time to run in and shoot, duff puts in the low ball which is about an inch away from the cameroon defenders foot, and it falls into the path of one robbie keane, and he blasts it home. Lansdowne erupts as robbie handstands, and I jump up from my chair screaming and shouting. Then the commentator comes on and says "Robbie keane has been doing magnificent since the departure of Roy from the World Cup". The crowd are on their feet as Morrison almost sends another one home, just grazing the bar to the left, as the 90mins whistle goes, signalling extra time.

Extra time begins and the crowd are on their feet, waving, chanting and setting off flares. the first 15minutes goes with no real chances being made, and only 2 shots. The next 15 minutes are hell, Cameroon completly dominating the pitch as Ireland begin to show signs of tiredness. 8 on target shots from them, 2 being posted, and 6 being magnificently saved by shay given.

And now its into penalties. Excuse me for not mentioning the cameroons name,as of the sole fact of me not remembering.

Robbie Keane goes first, and he slots it into the lower left corner. The cameroon goalie dives that way, but the shot is dead on,theres no denying it.

Next up goes the cameroonian, Blasting it into the top right corner, sending given the wrong way.

The next two irish shots from morrison and kinsella are saved, as are two coming from cameroonians.

Holland steps up and blasts the ball directly at the centre, sending the keeper the wrong way, while cameroon hit the post. Heres how it stands now -

oxxo
    oxxx

If this one goes in, The gruelling math which stole about 25mins of my life so far, which felt like about 5hrs, will all be worth it. You see, my mate is really one to gloat. He was on about it like an englishman if england had won korea '02, during the entire match from 8mins to Robbies Breakthrough.

Tense? It gets better.
    The camera begins to zoom in on Duff, and both the joypads are rumbling, In a very strong to no rumble motion. It must have been faith that my computers monitor goes into standby, putting us in complete darkness, apart from the tv screen.

I point the analog stick at the top right corner, and hold down the b button. But my nerves get to me,and its too short to reach the corner. Duff begins his run up. The only way this'll go in is if I send the keeper the wrong way. The joypad still rumbling and the crowd gazing on from their seats, Duff's foot meets the ball. The Cameroon goalie dives to his lower right, the ball barely skims his body, as it blasts off the net, sending a ripple through it, and the entire crowd erupts once again, screaming, shouting as duff runs off and punches the air.

So thats when I leapt out of my chair, do a robbie-keane style hand stand, and begin screaming at the top of my voice, while my mate is almost in tears. So then I continued to run around the house screaming my head off.

Atmosphere isnt the word for this any more.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Tixlox,i felt i was in Lansdowne rd while reading that thread,very well described .
    Tis a good footie game but nowhere near the almighty PES2 on ps2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,613 ✭✭✭milltown

Where did ye get the demo version? I've been looking for a demo to give it a try but can't find it on any of the sites I've checked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭_sheep

Milltown i think i saw the demo on www.google.com or was it www.google.ie , have a look.

Advertisement