Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Homeworld

Options
  • 02-10-1999 7:10pm
    Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just got it today.
    What can I say. Brilliant. Just get it.
    Trust me. I rather like the ion cannon frigates smile.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

what is it?

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

eh. C&C in space, maybe? Only much better.
    Epic battles with epic music. Cool graphics.
    Words can't describe. Download the demo.
    Sheesh. I should be in bed. Except I know if I can get my 4 ion cannon frigates close to that carrier its all over for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Spoonman

Brilliant game, just get it!

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Have you tried multiplayer yet?
    Sometimes I just sit back and watch the game. Its like a film sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭pox

if any of you liked elite then you should
    play X the final frontier. its so good.

also. for what looks like the ultimate
    multiplayer space rts check out mankind...
    what ultima online did to rpgs, this will
    do to space rts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

So the game will be made up of 50% whiners crying because no one will play by thier rules based on typical fantasy, and the other 50% getting screwed by the game company because they are too good at playing evil?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Ohh Hobbes your so bitter !

On the other hand the new changes they are putting in are a step in the right direction, except for the trash tickets and house changes.

Of course everyone was screaming for them for over a year. smile.gif

Oh wait we talking about homeworld on this thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

The game is brill' but single player is a bit sh!tty I played through one side first only to find the game is exactly the same no matter what side you choose just the models are different! Gah !

Yeah. I still love it though

• Advertisement

It's more like TA or WarZone 2100 in space!

Try the heavy cruisers, 4 of them will take out a mother ship no matter what defense's are there.

smile.gif

Soon you will call me MASTER

[This message has been edited by Monty - the one and only (edited 07-10-99).]

My current fav is about 20-30 attack bombers with about the same number of cloaked fighters set to guard the bombers. close in with evasive tactics, switch to agressive, blow **** out of cruiser, evasive and off to the next sucker. It is a thing of beauty, this game.

Just got the game smile.gif Excellent. Very impressed with it.

The 3D controls are a lot easier then I expected, and I like how you hear the fighter pilots chatting with each other.

Of course I'd have ample fighter defense to take out such a threat, Set the cruiser's to circle formation, and aggressive tactics and boom there goes another mothership. My usual contingant would be:

4 heavy cruisers
    2 carriers
    6 destroyers
    7 assault Frigates
    7 Ion Frigates
    A sh!t load of fighters
    2-10 cloak genorators
    35 multigun corvets

And sometimes my mothership

Good look to you finding a defense against that! (the computer can't even on hard)

smile.gif

Soon you will call me MASTER

Advertisement