Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gerry Ryan ???

Options
  • 05-12-2002 11:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭

Did anyone catch the gerry ryan show this morning ?My missus did and said their was abit about broadband in Ireland unfortunately she couldnt tell me who was talking to gerry but the general jist was that it was to exspencive to roll out ADSL at the mo but it is coming slowly but surely.More detail would be nice if anyone heard the show :).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭crawler

Heard that in work too Stonemason - but didnt get the content either.....be interesting to see who commented...

Ohhh...poor telcos - slow and expensive to roll out - BIG GRANTS?

And RTE , WHY DIDNT YOU HAVE AN IOFFL REPRESENTATIVE?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭ando

he was saying that the govenment knows how badly we need broadband, but its simply the case that ireland does not have the money to invest in it anymore in any heavy way. The person he was talking to was the finance expert from RTE. Its the chap you always see on RTE1 news

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

Originally posted by ando
    The person he was talking to was the finance expert from RTE. Its the chap you always see on RTE1 news

Probably George Lee.

You can listen to the show here:
    http://www.rte.ie/rams/radio/ryanshow.ram

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭De Rebel

About a month ago I heard ryan interview Dana Lyons, yer man that released "Cows with Guns. (it was a hire car and the radio was stuck so it was Ryan or nothing)

Anyway, at the end of the interview he asked why Lyons puts his stuff on the internet for free download and shouldn't he be sensible and just sell CDs. Lyons explained his reasons, promotion and so forth. Anyway, Ryan summed up by saying it was shag all benefit to him having stuff available for download as he'd like to hear the songs before he reached 50 and with our lack of broadband and our slow speeds we just didn't compare with the US.

Sounds to me like he's ripe for an IOFFL special show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭The Cigarette Smoking Man

Gerry Ryan lives about 200m away from the exchange in Clontarf, which has ADSL. He can bitch about the price all he wants though..

• Advertisement
Advertisement