Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Update on Adsl-Now

Options
  • 05-12-2002 4:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭

Not sure if anyone else has posted this but am in a bit of a rush and had not had time to check.I already have errcom's useless version of Dsl so was curious if these guys(resellers for Esat i think)were in my exchange.They sent me a mail to say they were not but had other options if I care to choose,if these options are available and they are not just tin-roofing then they have quite an arsnel.Could be a typo but the guy was also offering i-stream(weird)

"Unfortunately your local exchange is not yet covered by EsatBT for DSL roll out. However, it is expected that there will be another round of exchanges enabled in the New Year. I will keep you informed.

Have you considered other broadband options, e.g. satellite, wireless, iStream and cable? If you would like to discuss any of these alternatives drop me a line.
    Kind Regards, "

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭pepsiman

I got the same e-mail. I can get Eircom ADSL (tested ok), but I don't want ADSL from Eircom. So I'll wait until EsatBT discover Dublin 15... :)

• Moderators Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭LFCFan

Dublin 15 is a lost cause.

I got a call from someone in ADSL Now 2 weeks ago telling me they were testing my line and they'd get back to me. She couldn't answer any of my questions like how much, are they resellers for ESAT etc. Don't hold out much hope for this lot of amateurs!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭MDR

You may want to read this this . It made me smile, apparentily I am a member of the Dialup Community ...

I still can't see anything about VAT on the site. It still says €90 a month but doesn't say if that is inclusive or exclusive of VAT. If you're listening ADSLnow, get your act together and give your sales staff more training because when I was contacted by one of them I couldn't get any straight answers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

You may want to read this this . It made me smile, apparentily I am a member of the Dialup Community ...

Thats not a very professional attitude for them to be taking.
    Point them to the UTV thread and maybe they can learn some professionial customer care skills.

Kinda condescending "dial up community" like we chose to be *

Can see them making many happy customers.

*i have DSL

KdjaC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭De Rebel

Originally posted by MDR

Well hats off to them admitting that they come here and read our posts and even give us a mention. Not like some lurkers from well known companies who's names start with the letter E.

Is there anybody who matters who doesn't read the IOFFL board...........

Right, finally found the VAT bit, tucked away in the FAQ section. This should be in the Pricing section so it is well known.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭DC

I don't think the term 'dialup community' is too bad. Afterall IOFFL is mostly about people on dialup trying to get broadband for the masses. Even those on DSL actively taking part in IOFFL are fighting on behalf of those without DSL.

Anyway, there are [edit]NOT[/edit] enough people on DSL to call it a DSL community :D

And fair dues to Sean for researching the market place and reacting to criticism.

And they may be the answer to those who complain about Esat's customer service. You can let them handle Esat for you.

Time will tell....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Originally posted by KdjaC

Kinda condescending "dial up community" like we chose to be *

The mighty DUC 's is what we are known as, to coin another useless TLA

M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

DUC's: Dose ungrateful c***s.

The main thing is that they have agreed to indicate the VAT status of their pricing, the lack of which is highly misleading given that:

a) DSL is very new to Ireland and;

b) DSL sells mainly to residential customers in most of the developed world.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭crazyasafox

Besides all that lads where are they getting all the other options to offer us ie: wireless,cable and satellite

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

I got one of those emails too... I just filled in the form more for a laugh really cos I know the chances of me getting DSL in any form before 2004 are very small.. Maybe in the new year I'll splash out and treat myself on some of that bi-directional satellite stuff digiweb are at....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭carbsy

Got an email from Sean Lynam of ADSL Now last night stating that my exchange was enabled (Quaker Road , Cork) and my line had passed the test.

Also attached was an application form which I have duly competed.I now have about a 6 week (maybe sooner) wait according to the man himself.

ADSL at last , weeeeeeeeeee!

P.S. I found them extremely helpful and knowledgeable on the phone contrary to what some people are saying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

Originally posted by carbsy
    Got an email from Sean Lynam of ADSL Now last night stating that my exchange was enabled (Quaker Road , Cork) and my line had passed the test.
    How long did it take between requesting a line test and getting the pass notification?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭carbsy

Originally posted by SkepticOne
    How long did it take between requesting a line test and getting the pass notification?

I only applied through www.adslnow.ie about 2 weeks ago and received a phone call the next day stating that someone would be in touch with me soon.

Well happy with the speed of the whole process so far :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭pepsiman

Originally posted by carbsy
    received a phone call the next day stating that someone would be in touch with me soon.
    I too got this "courtosy call" the day after I registered at adslnow.ie. It took a week-and-a-half until they actually responded saying I coundn't get their ADSL. But - in another thread - I could get i-Stream...

Advertisement