Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NWN - Wednesday 04-12-2002

Options
  • 04-12-2002 2:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭

8:30 again folks

I'm not sure how much time is left in the current module, so how about a suggestion or two for the next.

btw what level are most ppl at ?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoLth

I'm at 2nd level thief/ 2nd mage.

The module is for up to 13th level.

I'd say we've only just started. The bandit cave is the first mission, and from the sounds of it there are plenty more (town crier allign about a thief, and I overheard a miltia man saying something about a mysterious beast).

I'll be there (if eircom doesn't p*ss about again).

next? temple of elemental evil :)

We were too low level heading into that last time and the shops were crap. The new portal with the shop is a great help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

Won't be able to make it at all tonight :(

Theres are least 2 more areas left in the module, forest of winter off the south road (I don't think we even got to the end of the south road) and some estate (I think) off from the town center. Which is good because its a very good module :)

I think I'm at level 4 now, getting quite close to 5. The bandits where a pain in some places when we had 4 or 5 to fight at a time but they thined out a little and we had a chance to get some exp in and a level or two :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Jak

Yah played for a bit last night.

The next section seems to be in the forest area off the south road. I had a key for it, so I went and opened it up for next week, on the offchance I'm late or whatever.

JAK.

everyone that spoke to lorik in the castle got a key, but a good move opening the gate all the same.

Didn't Lorik say something about undead? damn, immune to crit and sneak attacks :(

Excellent session last night btw, the orc siege was tough but fun. Only 3k off 6th level (I'll be taking a level of mage, better familiar and 2nd level spells!).

we do need to organise the respawning though, as in, when someone goes down, another leads the enemies away from the bodies so they can respawn. (it is going to be important in the undead areas as any adventure I have played with undead, usually has hordes of them).

btw: we should probably expect a vampire or two, the local shop sells garlic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 Seldon

good game. Nice Orc bash.
    not too sure i like the idea of Vampires though!!!!
    Any one know where we can get more healing kits... worth their weight in gold for the amount of times i ran past one of you guys dieing on the ground.

Same time monday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

The shop on the portal server has them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

Indeed, healing kits came extremely useful especially when a party member is lieing on the ground dieing slowly :) I always try to heal up everyone if I can.

Ah undead, my favourite type (execpt those blasted Lich's) so easy to scare (most of the time :)

Undead, favoured enemy and all that, plus a got a nice pair of extra pointy swords :)

undead: yuch.

Immune to crits, immune to sneak attack, immune to most of the bonuses from favoured enemy.

general tactics vs undead:

Skeleton, skel. warrior, skel chief: blunt weapons for maximum effect, slashing secondary, piercing aren't generally that good.

zombie, warrior etc: slow, run away and hit from range repeatedly. Quite easy but tough when they gang up.

Allip: wisdom draining gits. Low AC, low HP. easy kills.

Ghouls: paralysing hits. range is good for these. High AC or High parry fighters keep them occupied.

Ghasts: Range attacks. The stinking cloud effect can be a pain for close range fighters.

Bone golems: fear effect is dangerous, these guys take a lot of damage but have low AC and slow attack rate.

Wraith: level drain!!!! Noooooooooooooooooooooo. Range is best.

Shadow: Strength drain. Only temporary. rangers can cast lesser restoration and restoration from scroll.

Lich: mix of range and close combat. Ranged guys are there to disrupt spellcasting. Close combat, just concentrate on him.

I'll pick up a scroll of dispel magic or two for any lich defensive spells. I suggest the rangers pick up some lesser restorations.
    If rangers can cast protection from alignment (evil) from scroll, I would suggest that we pick up some of these to boost our front line fighters.

ah, planning. Fun to do, but never works.

• Advertisement

Did ye play it tonight? Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Seldon

Think its better if we stick to Mondays and Wednesday. Lest chance of running into drinking time!!!
    :)

Ah planning tis always good ... but when your being chased by hords of undead..... well what can i say... my plan is to run faster than you lot...lol

Aye.

Rev also, could you respawn or refresh the Windy shore. Seems the merchant has been killed.

Cheers.

Module will reset now when empty;

Advertisement