Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WinUAE and HD games question

Options
  • 28-11-2002 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭

I'm using the latest version of WinUAE and have managed to set up a HD directory for it where i've sucessfully installed workbench.
    i created a games drawer and through windows i copied in a harddrive game that has a .lha extension. however i cant see the files in WinUAE.

Has anyone manages to get HD games working? i got the floppy games working fine.

Also having a problem when i tried and run the AGA chipset (beforehd installation). the insert disc screen would be a blueish colour with loads of horizonntal lines across the screen.
    ?? any suggested configs?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

lha was a compression format used on the amiga and atari st. i think AIAB has an lha decompression in its setup. the only other place i can think of is back to the roots(cant remember the address).

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,965 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

Yup Stu's right get AIAB for starters:)
    1. What game are you installing?
    2. Did you install it from game disks? ie drag and drop into workbench folder?
    3. Is the game a known HD game or are you using a patch? (Which this sounds like)

Advertisement