Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prices pls :)

Options
  • 28-11-2002 10:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭

Does anybody know how much the GameCube is at the moment and is anywhere doing any kind of special offer?

Also does anyone know what two games come with the xBox in Smyths? Thier website is a pile of snots imho.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

The new xbox pack comes with Splinter Cell and Halo, I believe.

Haven't a clue how much a GameCube is

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Gamesworld on Liffey Street is the cheapest (or was about 2 months ago)

Gamecube + 1 controller + Mario + memory Card + 50 Euro Vouchers is 254 Euro (I'm pretty sure - give them a ring just in case)

Also - keep an eye on ebay in the UJ for games - I just bought Exterem G 3 for GC, brand new for £19 - it 65 Euro here !!

Hope this helps :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Dazzer

Is Mario Sunshine and Smash Bro Melle any good? Tis a present for the girlfriend who likes platform cutsie kinda games.

The new xbox pack comes with Splinter Cell and Halo, I believe.

Haven't a clue how much a GameCube is

I rang Smyths and they said you get GT 2000 and Jet Set Board with the xBox for 259.99 Euro? :( (The xBox is for me BTW ) You got my bloody hopes up cheers anyway :)

They also have the GameCube for 245 Euro with a game of your choice and a 50 Euro voucher.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Don't let that €50 voucher sway you. I got €60 in €5 vouchers (12 vouchers). Since you can only use 1 at a time, they're a bit of a swizz..... And you can't use them in conjunction with the 10% loyalty card discount.

I still have most of those vouchers at home somewhere....

- Dave.

• Advertisement

Don't let that €50 voucher sway you. I got €60 in €5 vouchers (12 vouchers). Since you can only use 1 at a time, they're a bit of a swizz..... And you can't use them in conjunction with the 10% loyalty card discount.

I still have most of those vouchers at home somewhere....

- Dave.

Thats what I was thinking :( GamesWorld also have the same kind of deal but not as good.

Originally posted by Dazzer
    I rang Smyths and they said you get GT 2000 and Jet Set Board with the xBox for 259.99 Euro? :( (The xBox is for me BTW ) You got my bloody hopes up cheers anyway :)

I think you'll find that I said the NEW xbox bundle, not the existing one. It's available some time around now.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,946 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

well splinter cell isn't out in america til january so i doubt the new xbox bundle will be out before christmas.

Mario sunshine is superb and one of the best games this year if not ever. Definitely get it but be warned it's fairly tough. Smash bros. isn't worth it if you are not going to play multiplayer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

Originally posted by meglome
    I think you'll find that I said the NEW xbox bundle, not the existing one. It's available some time around now.

Thats only being offered in the UK by Gameplay[or one of those] for £194.99...and its Sega GT/JSRF/Halo & Splinter Cell.

Its not an offical MS package.

Cheers meglome I won't be getting the xBox for a couple of weeks so hopefully they will have the deal your talking about by then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

Some guy selling a gamecube with 2 games for €150 on the For Sale Board

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 BOP

Thats only being offered in the UK by Gameplay[or one of those] for £194.99...and its Sega GT/JSRF/Halo & Splinter Cell.

That's abot 320 Euros, is it? A serious bargin !!! I'm regretting buying a GC a little bit now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,003 ✭✭✭Wossack

Originally posted by Dazzer
    Is Mario Sunshine and Smash Bro Melle any good? Tis a present for the girlfriend who likes platform cutsie kinda games.

Present for the girlfriend? Thats the oldest excuse ever! :)

Yeah, guy selling a GC on the forsale board alright, though people generally
    dont like second hand stuff for christmas pressies (ingrates ;))

Originally posted by Retr0gamer
    well splinter cell isn't out in america til january so i doubt the new xbox bundle will be out before christmas.

According to the official UK and Ireland release dates on Gamire.com Splinter Cell is out tomorrow.

And I think the bundle with the xbox, Splinter Cell, Halo is an official release. Shinji will know for sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

Splinter Cell has been out for about two weeks in America and the verdict is that its a very good game but quickly becomes very hard.
    The game is released tomorrow in Europe, along with Unreal and Xbox live is available on Saturday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Its not an offical MS package.

No, but it's an official package from Gem, the exclusive distributors of Xbox stuff in the UK, so it'll be available through all retailers from Friday I'd imagine.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Originally posted by Retr0gamer

Splinter Cell (XBox) - Friday 29th November 2002

and yes that is right!!!

Gem also cover Ireland

Wohoo, so I can expect to pay 320 - 350 Euro for the package?

BTW Shinji do you know if this will be released in Ireland?

[/EDIT]
    Just checked the Argos UK website now all I need is comformation its been released here :)

http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/commerce/command/ExecMacro/ols_prod_detl.d2w/report?prrfnbr=5670806&prmenbr=6970&type=big&thisMode=ols&cgrfnbr=379860

Xbox Console Plus 4 Games.
    Price £199.99
    Cat.No. 567/0806
    Delivery usually within 2 working days.
    Quantity 12345678910

Games included are: Sega GT, Jet Set Radio Future, Splinter Cell and Halo.

All games are inside the console's box.

Sega GT and Jet Set Radio Future are on one CD.

For ages 11 years and over.
    [/EDIT]

O.k. I also found it here

http://shop.gameplay.co.uk/webstore/productpage.asp?productcode=XB0003

Are gameplay.com reliable and do they deliver to Ireland? If so does the "Free delivery" deal still apply or will I have to pay?

[/EDIT] After looking around the site I find that they do deliver to Ireland and it costs £4 GBP [/EDIT]

Sorry for the two posts :)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

hj

• Advertisement
Advertisement