Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

odd behaviour

Options
  • 27-11-2002 7:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭

Two of my five cats are female and mother and daughter, when we first got them, the mum was always shredding paper. She'd just be sitting beside or on a sheet of paper or a newspaper and just out of nowhere start shredding it with her teeth.
    Now her daughter has started doing it aswell.
    I'm not worried about them doing this, each to their own I guess but I'm just curious as to why they do this.

Anyone else have cats who do this or know why they do?
    They're active and far from bored, there's always someone in the house with them and we have quite a large garden where they seem to have the best adventures so I don't think it's out of boredom. They're also never lacking attention so I doubt it's so feline variant of ADD.

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Its a new one to me.
    Is it all types of paper or just news paper??Its just I used to have a dog which liked eating paper---but only newspaper.
    Apparently it like the taste of the ink.It never bothered with plain paper or anything else.
    Richie.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

The taste, and maybe the feeling of it against their teeth or paws.
    I suppose it's a hobby.... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭rachel

Is it all types of paper or just news paper??

any type. Newspapers, envelopes, regular sheets... I've also just been informed that one of the dogs does it as well...
    maybe I'd be better off with kids... :eek:

thanks for the suggestions anyway :)

Advertisement