Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiga Music mod files!

Options
  • 26-11-2002 1:31am
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 5,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Ok after reading Logie`s other thread i was thinking of PMing the guy when i thought other people know stuff as well so i started a new thread. Though logIE has been very helpfull in the past!

Anyways i got boarded listening to my uasual sh1te mp3`s so i dug out my old collection of amiga mod files *.iha files. and they are great, well most of them! Isent winamp great for playing them ! dont have to use mod plug an alll!

any way i wondered if anyone (logIE) knew any good site for downloading mod files for the amiga.

Im trolling throught the amiga web ring at the moment but its an uphill slog! Any help would be apreacaited!

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,965 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

Don't know how I missed this thread.....
    http://exotica.fix.no/gallery/games/index.html which i've posted in another thread is as good a place to start:) Plenty of files for download

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 5,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭spooky donkey

Thanks logie. I found this place in the end its for all types of mod files but i got agony, cannon fodder, louts 3, atomix and few others from the amiga there!

http://www.modarchive.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 17,438 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

http://www.xgmusic.net

My friends site, pretty good :) Let me know what you think!

Nice site. Time to fire up deliplayer again ;)

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

Got a nice little collection of MOD files myself - They're brilliant seeing as they eat up virtually no space at all.

Had them for ages, and there is always a place for them in my Winamp Playlists :D

You could just as easily zip them all up and upload them to your Boards Web space and offer them for download.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭Keeks

Check out http://www.aminet.net/

Here you will find nearly every freely avaiable mods ever created.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rambo

Did you know that winamp can play amiga mod files
    COOOL

Originally posted by Rambo
    Did you know that winamp can play amiga mod files
    COOOL

Yes but it's still not a patch on deliplayer;) It's the dogs bollox when it comes to playing any "old school stuff"

WINAMP...Down with that sort of thing....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭Keeks

Originally posted by LoGiE
    WINAMP...Down with that sort of thing....

THere are actually some good plugins for winamp2 that play mod files. There are some that also plat med and octamed files as well. They are quite good too.

Sure there are some good plugins for winamp you can download but deli player supports a far greater number of file types from just one download.

• Advertisement

Just thought I'd post some of my favorites :)
    I use Deliplayer to listen to these files
    www.deliplayer.com

Bankok Knights
    IK+
    Turrican II
    Monty On The Run

Well i have used win amp or mod plug but i may search for that one logie!

Or have you got a link handy?

links in last post;)
    and forgot to add this classic
    Ghouls 'n' Ghosts

• Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭stormkeeper

Skaven's stuff is quite good... I visited his site once and it had a few songs to download, though I was a bit scared about listening to one of them, so I didn't download...

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rambo

Is there anyway that you can rip mod files from winuae
    When I had my Amiga System I used to use Action replay

I have two Amiga Mod files on my website Torvak and Lotus II
    www.rambohome.org

under the Emulators Links
    I hoping this section will grow later

AH the o`l action replay with the slow mo that never really worked properlly ! I used to use thst to rip samples from games and demos and use them im the mods i made! I`ll love to be able to get my pc to read all my old amiga diska that i still have as i couldent be arsed to hook up old amiga to the pc, too much bother to make a cable!

Advertisement