Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Distortion Pedal

Options
  • 26-11-2002 12:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭

Hey,
    Whats the going rate for an "okay" distortion pedal? Any makes that stand out?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Oeneus

I'm quite happy with the Boss DS-1.
    But I haven't tried that many.
    The only other one that I have tried properly is the Marshall Guv'nor pedal. Which is OK if you've got no money.

There's probably better ones, though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

Get a RAT, best distortion Pedal around, wont cost you an arm and a leg either, Go RAT or Turbo RAT, or if you cant find em, most of the Boss Distortions esp the Ultra Distortion are sweet but its more of a generic sound. they can sound great though.
    Ive used a RAT the last year and i wouldnt buy any other kind of dist pedal from now on, simple and sweet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Oeneus

Originally posted by bombidol
    Get a RAT, best distortion Pedal around, wont cost you an arm and a leg either, Go RAT or Turbo RAT, or if you cant find em, most of the Boss Distortions esp the Ultra Distortion are sweet but its more of a generic sound. they can sound great though.
    Ive used a RAT the last year and i wouldnt buy any other kind of dist pedal from now on, simple and sweet

What kind of music are you playing with these rats? If they're as good as you say they are I may get one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Personally I use a Digitech RP 100.
    Expensive, but brilliant for experimenting around.
    Load of different programmable effects.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Rats are good, but if you put them past 1 or 2, they can destroy your tone. I have a DS-1, all i'll ever need, + marshall built in amp overdrive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭DamienH

whats the going rate for a ds-1?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Should be able to pick one up for 80-90 euro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

Ive played every kind of music, but in the last year or two its been rock but latley its been Punk/Rock/Metal but the RAT is so simple to use i can get any kind of sound from it, try it out first before you pick it up

Advertisement