Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

80's card collections

Options
  • 25-11-2002 2:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭

I dont have these anymore but i remember being about 7 and having the first 4 or 5 series and then my mam threw out my old school bag ... they where all in it ! I was devastated

Garbage pail kids

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭ozpass

I remember the Garbage Pail Kids collectors cards pretty well. Sam Bamford gave me a Slimy Hymie card so i swapped it for two others. Reckon I had over 20 cards by the time I got bored of it. It was a good laugh carting them round the playground (held together with an elaccy band) playing 'swopsies'.

But then Top Trumps took hold....;)

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Guy Incognito

I still have mine. I only had about 20 and they were all from series 10 going by that website.

How did they get away with selling those to kids? Like Itchy Mitch - a baby scratching himself with a weird fork/rake thing.
    Imagine the uproar now if they brought them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,615 ✭✭✭Panda

I've got loadsa cards,
    including Top Trumps(several different series, mainly flash cars, large helicopters and rockets and planes and whatnot)
    World Wrestling Federation cards, sadly....
    Marvel superheros,
    FA Premership cards and those sticker collections, none of which i ever completed....

Advertisement