Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What were these ARCADE GAMES called?

Options
  • 23-11-2002 11:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭

Hi Can you guys help me out here?

First thing I need to know is what was the sequel to 'chase hq' called (and I'm pretty sure it wasn't 'chase hq 2' :) )?

Second one is a little harder. There was an arcade machine on the go around 1991 which had a 'wild west' theme to it. The game seemed to have been built on the engine of Operation Wolf if that makes it any clearer. Anyone know what this game was called?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,141 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Afaik the sequel to Chase HQ is indeed called "Chase HQ 2 - Special Criminal Investigation"

As for the wild west style game based on operation wolfs engine ive no idea apart from the fact there was a game called "Wild West 2 or Buffalo Bills Wild West Show" more than likely not what yer after but I cant think of any others.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,965 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

Maybe it's blood bros? It was released in 1990 and could be described as an op wolf type game:)
    bloodbro_1.png
    bloodbro_2.png

or the bootleg
    weststry_1.png

DiscoStu your right that was a piss porr game...Lethal Enforcer was a good arcade but It was ruined for me by a poor conversion to the megadrive and snes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

The wild west one could be lethal enforcers 2. crappy digitised characters and a gun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Pigman

Thanks for the suggestions guys.

Yep, SCI was the name of Chase HQ 2, however BloodBrothers isn't the 'wild-west' game I was talking about. I haven't played BB but from those screenshots BB looks more like a Cabal clone than Operation Wolf?

There's no mention of either 'Lethal Enforcers' or 'Buffalo Bills Wild West' on mame.dk so I can't really confirm or not that either of these is the game I'm talking about without seeing screengrabs of them.

All I can say is that the game I'm looking for played exactly like OpWolf and I remember that you had to shoot at things like freight trains and 'old fashion' tanks as well as other cowboys.

Any more ideas please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Pigman

I remember as a kid playing Turbo Outrun and Power Drift on my trusty old C64 and I'd always lived under the assumption that they were originally Arcade machines. That was until I checked mame.dk which has no mention of them at all!

So were these two ever actually arcade machines (I'm 99% PD was at least!) and/or were they called something different in the arcades perhaps?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

there is a different emulator for those.

kinda like a one off only afew game made for the engine that ran them.

Buggered if i can think of it.

/me puts down €10 on DiscoStu answering :D

KdjaC

Turbo Outrun was indeed in Arcade Cabinet form. http://www.system16.com/sega/hrdw_outrun.html

And here is PowerDrift:

powerdrift1.jpg

Hmm images seem to be a bit borked so rclick and show picture should get them to appear.

Tut tut ....
    Power drift is emulated by Final Burn (Possibly not the latest version for some reason) along with other old sega duel 68k classics
    Turbo outrun has been dumped but is not emulated at the moment cause of a protection on one of the chips.

[edit] You can play the original Outrun on Mame or system16 in the mean time or just grab CCS64 and play the c64 versions:) [/edit]

Threads Merged

Letal Enforcers II pics (I hope the boards members section will be back up soon:( )
    http://www.geocities.com/logie_links/le2.jpg

Both LF1 and LF2 have been dumped AFAIK but they haven't been emulated.

• Advertisement

yep power drift was an arcade machine as the pic proves. they had it in the arrivals hall in dublin airport along with r-type for anyone who remember the old layout of the airport.(many times coming back from london in the 80's i played the two. then they made the big arcade down the far end with all the new crap machines like primal rage, but there was alien vs predator)

power drift was of the sprite scaley sega engine of the mid 80's that was a complete biatch to emulate. others like it were galaxy force and thunderblade(classic)

as for the other wild west one. i am completely buggered. there were not that many light gun games based on the wild west, infact the only real memorable on based on the wild west that springs to mind (not light gun) is sunset riders.

large quantities of beer have clouded my memory and ability to track down obscure games. i might be able to help more in the moring(i recon 2pm will be the time of my first post tommorw.)

[edit] did anyone try my xbox emulator :) the hardest part was rooting through shell32.ddl for the icons for it and trying to find a nice x-box picture to stick in it [/edit]

Originally posted by DiscoStu
    yep power drift was an arcade machine as the pic proves. they had it in the arrivals hall in dublin airport along with r-type for anyone who remember the old layout of the airport.
    I certainly do:) fond memories of playing superman, Space Invaders 92, CHQ2 , mercs ("Winners don't do drugs":D) ,Powerdrift , SF2 and Final Fight....I think UN squadron was in there as well...As for that new place I didn't think much of it either. They did have virtua Striker which isn't bad, but they stunk it up big time with Crusin USA and Primal Rage. Did you notice that they're Killer Instinct machine was set at it's highest difficulty?
    power drift was of the sprite scaley sega engine of the mid 80's that was a complete biatch to emulate. others like it were galaxy force and thunderblade(classic)

Sega System Y the same system usede for G-LOC (Anyone remember playing that in the arcades?) Sega where tying out a load of hardware around this time including System 24 which ran the bonanza bros (EXCELLENT GAME!!) Sadly this system is heavily protected :( and unemulated

[edit] did anyone try my xbox emulator :) the hardest part was rooting through shell32.ddl for the icons for it and trying to find a nice x-box picture to stick in it [/edit] [/QUOTE]

I require runtimes in order to play your amazing Xbox emu so prehaps a few screen shots:)

I require runtimes in order to play your amazing Xbox emu so prehaps a few screen shots

that the problem developing on xp anything done on it never seem to work on other windows versions.

what runtimes are needed? i erased the project file so i cant check the dependancies.

Borland C++ builder runtimes. Asks for rtl60.bpl and a few other files

didnt do a release compile oh well. the run times are to big to actually justify upload or download them.

all i did was a file and setup menu and each entry would pop up a funny message using the oh so difficult ShowMesssage() method.

Nowt to worry I shouldn't think it'l be to long till someone posts another "Genuine" XBOX emulator;) followed swiftly by a "somethings eating the data on my HD" on the security board.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,876 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Oh the joys of the airport arcade machines. Dublin airport was the closest place to me where I could play street fighter 2. Every weekend me and a bunch of mates went to the airport to waste our money on winner stays on. It was playing SF2 and Mercs here that first got me really into games. Thank you Capcom!

ahh mercs twas down near one of the entrances to the departure gates.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,876 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Oh the joys of 3 player mercs. We were the experts of credit feedind in those days. Only two player though in the airport.

Yeah Mercs is a classic capcom title:)There was a pretty faithful conversion to the Amiga back in the day. It was right beside Rambo III and the wonderful Superman from Taito which is my favorite Arcade from the old airport....don't actually know why.

• Advertisement
Advertisement