Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diary, weeks 8->12 - ugh, is it morning already?

Options
  • 22-11-2002 11:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭

This month was pretty quiet, apart from the odd bout of dizziness, and vague nausea, and a little bit of discomfort in my boobs, really the only symptom i had was chronic fatigue...

Imagine walking around all day, feeling like you havent had a decent night's sleep in months, even though you got 12 hours sleep the night before... well, 12 hours in total, thats not including the 4 times you had to get out of bed during the night to go pee... I reckon this is the baby's way of training you for when it finally decides its ready to enter the big bad world.

On a couple of occasions, after 'working' all week, i'd go to bed at 9 on a friday, and not surface until late afternoon saturday, and still be able to sleep with no trouble at all at 10/11 on saturday night... Many people, including my gp (bless him, he gave me a week off to sleep) told me that this particular symptom would be likely to end around week 14... incidentally, they lied...

During this period of time i was lulled into a false sense of security, thinking I would have no further trouble, and that my pregnancy would be smooth as clockwork, that i'd bloom in the middle trimester, just like the books all said. While i havent had any major difficulties yet, at week 24, im still waiting for the 'bloom'

Fox_in_Socks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

According to my GF it doesn't happen. Sj is at 36 weeks now and hasn't had the slightest blooming sensation at all. She has got that nesting thing going on though and the house has to be painted and cleaned and this and that. She is constantly getting kicks in the ribs and punches in the guts, and while i think it is nice to see the babies foot, Sj wonders if her skin can stretch anymore. We only have a couple of weeks to go now, looking like a christmas baby is on the cards which will be handy from presents for him :)

Keep us up to date Fox, will let you know how Sj gets on.

Ps. That's our little (according to Sj he is huge) fella down in my sig.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭foxinsocks

excellent scan pic! Very cute :)

Diary Week 13 - The first scan should be finished at some stage on friday.... I know i've been slacking.

Fox_in_Socks
    Where does the time go?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement