Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Splinter Cell

Options
  • 21-11-2002 7:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,613 ✭✭✭

Does anybody know when it will be out? November's PCZone preview said it's due in November. Smiths toys catalogue has it listed in the s/w zone. Hardly a word about it on any sites I've looked at (one mentioned a spring 2003 release).
    It looks and sounds cool (in magazines anyway) and I want!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

the xbox version is hitting the stores in the states at the end of the week. dont know about over here though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

It has a release date for the 31/1/03 on www.play.com for PC
    http://www.playserver3.com/play247.asp?page=search&adudisc=y

i did hear it was pushed back a little to allow the xbox version to be finished first.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,072 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

for the xbox its out on the 29th (next friday)

its only three screen shots, but here...
    http://gamire.com/gamire/newsitem?batchstart=7&id=387

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

yea its been pushed back to he end of january next year. argh! rumor has it that microsoft paid off ubisoft to hold off shipping it to the pc so to get more people to buy an xbox. Damn you Bill. go get the december issue of pczone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

Originally posted by Aragorn
    rumor has it

Never!..that would be borderline with an good business plan but Xbox's short track record is anything but.
    Im really looking foward to this game and i am hoping for the same "yes" feeling that MGS/GT/FF VII really evoked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,613 ✭✭✭milltown

Me want now!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

all the official Irish/UK release dates can be found on Gamire.com

http://gamire.com/gamire/release?format=Xb&batchstart=0&first_letter=T

These dates are not always 100% as the games publishers can sometimes change the details at the last moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

i heard its coming out on ps2 early next year
    anyone confirm??

the ps2 version will be out late next year - bout summer or after. that's they're last priorty. they're aiming at the xbox and pc first they havent even made an official statement about the gc and ps2 versions, despite the release dates for these version on some sites. i want it now dammit!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

Microsoft have Splinter Cell as an XBox exclusive for 2002. After that it can appear on any system.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,571 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

The PC version is out next Spring and afaik the PS2 version was on display at E3 and while Ubi-Soft haven't officially announced a GC version, the head of the studio who are developing it (whose name escapes me) let it slip that they were porting it to the GC.

So not very exclusive at all then :)

the pc version is out at the end of january!!! thats not spring!!!!!! i will be playing it before spring!!!! ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Yes but they are often very wrong.
    I mean Toca race driver as anyone interested will know wont be here till 2003 but Gamire state a release date of today?
    How often is it updated?

Originally posted by meglome

http://gamire.com/gamire/release?format=Xb&batchstart=0&first_letter=T

These dates are not always 100% as the games publishers can sometimes change the details at the last moment.

Originally posted by Dcully
    Yes but they are often very wrong.
    I mean Toca race driver as anyone interested will know wont be here till 2003 but Gamire state a release date of today?
    How often is it updated?

"How often is it updated?" -

The release dates are currently being out sourced, it’s taken from that source twice a day. The source is an industry site that we don’t want to name here.

it’s not an ideal situation, but we cant currently manually manage huge amounts of data like release dates.

In the long term we hope to do release dates in house ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Fair enough, i do appreciate the hassle with release dates ,what with delays etc.
    I know from a reliable source that Splintercell is ready a while back for PC but wont be released until xbox version is released first so as to sell more of the boxes.

Originally posted by Dcully
    Fair enough, i do appreciate the hassle with release dates ,what with delays etc.
    I know from a reliable source that Splintercell is ready a while back for PC but wont be released until xbox version is released first so as to sell more of the boxes.

yea, I think its being ready for while now for both XBox & PC, as mbroaders said Microsoft has it as an XBox exclusive for 2002.

Advertisement