Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying games online

Options
  • 21-11-2002 3:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,613 ✭✭✭

A lot of other forums on Boards have a sticky listing relevant web resources, why not this one? I would like to see a list of sites that suit the Irish gamer, i.e. priced in €, reasonable shipping costs etc. As a fairly casual gamer I would/do prefer to buy online as price comparisons are quick and easy, and if I need any more info or reviews on a game I'm considering it's only a google away.
    I may be fairly unique among the posters to this board in that I buy about 4 games mags in a year and very rarely buy a brand new release game. Example: The last game I bought was Deus Ex about three months ago. I didn't mind waiting for the price to drop as I was busy playing Half Life Generations pack which I only bought about three months before that.
    The printed magazines that I do buy generally have a couple of hardware reviews that I like to read to keep up to date, between two and four game reviews that I would actually be interested in, and the rest of the mag will be full of news of patches, maps, online games and cheats that I never use.
    So give us a few sites to look at, I'm sick of taking interest in a game, checking out the likes of Amazon, figuring the converted price (£ to €) will still save me a few bob and going through three pages of purchasing screens only to discover that the shippung will whack another €10 or €15 onto my purchase.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Yeah, I am not sure about good sites in euro
    but Play.com is V good, I have bought three games from them,
    Grand Theft Auto Vice city, Pro evolution soccer and Colin Mc Cray rally, on avg it took 3/4 working days to deliver, the prices were all 32.99 stg (inc delivery), I was charged roughly 51.something for each of them, defo recommend them

though xtra-vision are selling games now, Vice city for 60, The two towers for 65, and they charge 2.50 for delivery

its not great but its still euro!
    and if your a Pigsback member you get 300 pts

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

Originally posted by milltown
    I'm sick of taking interest in a game, checking out the likes of Amazon, figuring the converted price (£ to €) will still save me a few bob and going through three pages of purchasing screens only to discover that the shippung will whack another €10 or €15 onto my purchase.

As hussey mentioned, www.play.com are very good, their prices are in sterling, however, they are much cheaper than the likes of Game, Virgin, HMV etc. and you do not pay extra for shipping.
    The (sterling) price you see is what you pay!

If you do a search, you will find that a lot of boards.ie users recommend play.com and are regular customers (I certainly am).

Advertisement