Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heh Penny Arcade play Neocron Pluto server.

Options
  • 20-11-2002 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭

That explains those 15 or so turrets called "Penny arcade" greeting me when I teleported into an outpost that my clan previously owned.

Any Boards.ie playing on Pluto? Want to set up a pluto clan?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

I looked in Game,Virgin, Smyths and HMV and it wasnt in any of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

gamesworld liffey st

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

Just been playing on the uranus server, may aswell give the pluto one a go :) Any particular class the clan would need? researcher, constructor, tank :)

Oh yeah, any tips for newbies? running arond sewers killing roachs and spiders is fun for awhile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭Vuk

Mantel, this depends on your current rank,but if you're on one of the Neocron city factions, do quick job kill missions, work on your faction rating until you can do 'Hard' missions. Always pick the 'Quick Job' Kill poisonous fierce spider, you'll find them in Lvl 1 sewers and are easily disposed of, even at low lvl. If I remember right, these missions are worth 1500 (or2000) nc, plus 250xp to all stats. This is really the best to kick start a new character.
    Currently(rank 32/29) I'm wasting Aggressors and Agg Captains in the Lvl 3 sewers in PP(beside Neofrag) and making 30,000nc per run, I'm a tank so I can carry loads of the gatlin pistols that they drop, plus my stats are going up like mad!
    Oh and I would advice taking out your LE chip (benefits outweight the drawbacks)
    Also if you're going the Tank route. During character creation take all your strength sub-skill points and put them into Melee(you can get to a skill of 64), I know your other skills will suck for a wee bit but considering that it takes 2 points to raise a skill above 50 and 3 above 75, it only costs 1 point over 50 during creation.
    I'd also recommend staggering your sub-skills, eg first 50 in melee, 50 transport, heavy 50, then raise each to 75, etc.(this does really depend on the long term plan for your character tho)
    Considering the way the rank and exp system works (exp is awarded by equipment/skill Vs MOB), I'm planning on using the most effective low level equipment when fighting Aggressors, to raise cash and exp more quickly so I can join my clan on higher level raids.
    I hope this helps some and hopefully makes some sense. Any more questions, feel free to ask!

*edited to add this*
    I'm playing as Apollo on Saturn, our clan leader in VNox has just thrown down the gauntlet to the server OP bullies 'Titans', so things will get real interesting :p

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

There is only one character allowed on Pluto. I'm contemplating getting a second account. :)

My character is a Barter character.

Normally a clan would need at least.

1-2 of...
    .. Researchers
    .. Constuctors
    .. Barter
    .. Drivers
    .. Recylers (probably just one1)
    .. High level hackers

(Note some of those skills can overlap)

1 of Impanter (if ever).

Then after that a handfull of Tanks/PSI Monks or other combat classes. Again the above can fight to some extent. I would say 2 of the top for every 10-20 groups of combat people.

• Advertisement
Advertisement