Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What you got ?

Options
  • 20-11-2002 10:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭

I thought this would have been the first thread ? anyway.... Question is how many kids you got ? What age ? and add a little note about them (A LITTLE NOTE)..

Heres mine - I have a boy age 3. His name is Daragh and he is a little angel sent from heaven above, except when he is tired and then he's a little devil. He's extremely intelligent (but dont we all say that about our kids ;) ). He knows more Irish than I do (colours etc.) but is that something to be proud of :confused:

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

One girl, Aimée, 14 years old, into manga, heavey metal music and very well behaved, dead smart and great to sit down and have a chat with. (I treasure that as it is something my own parents were never able to do).
    I am still waiting for the 'usual teenage stuff' that they go through (the - I hate my parents, they never let me do what I want- phase) but so far so good.
    I could not imagine life without her.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,590 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

One little girl aged 4.
    Bethanys definately our little miracle since she was born at 28 weeks with only a 25% chance of survival.
    Was in an incubator for 12 weeks and has had no probs since.

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

I'm a daddy to 2 kids.

Lauren aged 2 1/2 who has had me in her pocket since the days in the womb. Blonde, blue-eyed.
    Favourite phrase; "Daddy, put on Shrek" (10+ times a day if she had her way)

Luke is 7 weeks old.
    Serious red-eye at the moment... every 3 hours, you could set your watch by him. But at least he is good to drink his bottle and ok at getting his wind up. I will be 'encouraging' hiom to sleep thru the night after another week or so....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

"Daddy, put on Shrek" (10+ times a day if she had her way)
    :D:D:D

We have that with - Shriek, bob the builder, Thomas the motherf8ckin tank engine, ice age, Monsters inc & Cbeebies (excellent kids channel). I wonder is my son watchin too much tv :rolleyes:
    Luke is 7 weeks old.

That seems like a lifetime ago now... my god that was tough. My son didnt start sleeping fully through the night until he was about 2.
    Bethanys definately our little miracle since she was born at 28 weeks with only a 25% chance of survival.

That must have been really tough. It happened to a friend of mine as well with his little girl :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

I have two angels/bratz , one of each as they say.
    Daire who is aged 4 1/2 and Eimear who is 2 .

They get on well and wind each other up they fav game at the moments is running arround the house screaming or sitting under the dinning room table seeing who can shout " SO !" the loudest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭gonker

two little angels??? 7 and just 10. Jenny and Aly they are at that age when you can leave them with nanny or grandad and not feel too guilty.They are good kids normally have their moments. Nearly lost Jen when I was pregnant with her (bad experience with doctor but thats another day) so she is very precious. Love them to bits.
    gonk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭paddymee

Breen is 5 weeks old.
    Serious red-eye at the moment... every 3 hours, you could set your watch by him. But at least he is good to drink his bottle and ok at getting his wind up. I will be 'encouraging' hiom to sleep thru the night after another week or so....

This is my first, so can you spell this encouragement out. I need to get some sleep :)

paddy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Offy

Two girls and one boy.
    Vivienne, age 11 and knows everything, gr8 kid and very mature for her age.
    Cuilléann, age 8 like his dad spends all his free time infront of a pc, ps2, ect.
    Samoine, age 3. The twinkle in my eye.
    "Daddy, put on Shrek" (10+ times a day if she had her way)
    She has her way.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭G

We have that with - Shriek, bob the builder, Thomas the motherf8ckin tank engine, ice age, Monsters inc & Cbeebies (excellent kids channel). I wonder is my son watchin too much tv
    lol. Add Beauty & the Beast, Toy Story etc to that list and you have my 4 1/2 year old son. He's a DVD fiend.

Of course he's also 20 times smarter then any of yours. :p

This is my first, so can you spell this encouragement out. I need to get some sleep :)

Well, this is our second so I can only tell you how it went with the first... ;p

Basically, you get to the point where you feel you just cvan't take any more... you are in a constant dazed state .. no idea what day/week/month it is...
    Then at around 6 weeks, the little bugger starts to goo and smile at you (you'd probably kill em if they didn't repay you somehow).
    This smiling business makes it all worthwhile.

After 6-8 weeks, they get to be a lot less 'fragile'.... you can begin to have fun with them (it helps that they kan kinda see and stuff... they will follow you around the room and watch you do stuff).

They tend to drink a bit more now too... like our guy for the last few nights has had his last feed earlier (9pm) and only one night feed (2 or 3am) nd then again at 7am.
    This makes the world of difference - instead of 11, 2, 5, 8 etc.

At some stage between 8-10 weeks, we will try and give him a soother instead of a bottle for this night feed and try to get him back to sleep. This is what we did for our daughter at about 10 weeks. We only had to do this 2 nights in a row, and she has slept thru the night ever since.

• Advertisement

The little'un went and did it himself!
    At 8 weeks and 5 days, he slept from 8:30pm to 8:30am straight thru... a little whimper in the middle of the night but before either of us got up to get his bottle, he was back asleep :)
    Then last night, from 9:30pm to 7:30am again....

Jeez, sleep, mmmm, zzzzzzz.........

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

Hey Licksy20 thats not fair. 12 hours sleep !!!! I thought they didnt do that until there 18 ;)

Advertisement