Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metal Gear timeline

Options
  • 18-11-2002 2:46pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,897 CMod ✭✭✭✭

The metal gear time line that I know of goes like this
    1.Meetal Gear 2. Solid Snake 3. Metal Gear Solid 4. Sons of liberty.

So where does the gameboy game come in?
    I think it is before solid snake cos solid snake since outer heaven is mentioned but nothing about zanzibar land. But then again mei ling is in it and she is just a teenager in MGS.

I'm confused can any one confirm what it is.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Spacedog

The story in those games make no sense whatsoever! just shoot the bad guys, skip the cut scenes and cheesy dialouge and be thankful :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

second nes one was called snakes revenge. metal gear: solid snake was on the msx only

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭Ryo Hazuki

As far as I know it was:

Metal Gear (NES)

Metal Gear 2 Solid Snake (NES? or Mastersystem)

Metal Gear Solid (PSX)

Meatl Gear Solid (GBC)

Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty (PS2)

I think the gameboy one was a cashcow spinoff with no actually related story, as far as i know It does not exist in the current metal gear world.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,897 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Snakes revenge was a cash in that wasn't created by hideo kojima. The nes version of metal gear was attrocious. The msx metal gear and solid snake were far better.
    "The truck have started moving"
    Almost as good as all your base!

Advertisement