Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats up with Square and Europe

Options
  • 18-11-2002 10:45am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,896 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Haven,t really played Kingdom Hearts yet since i'm trying to finish Grandia 2 first but one thing I did notice is the dirty great big black borders in the game. Its the same in FFX. Will squaresoft ever do a proper PAL conversion. I don't care about extra impossible bosses. I'd rather have a bigger screen since my tv is tiny. Take a leaf out of capcom and konami's book and be nice to europe for once.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,040 ✭✭✭BKtje

and whats this i heard about FFXI already released in Japan when FFX was being release here?

why is it taking so long to convert? :|

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

Yeah Kingdom Hearts has border fag0try going on allright. Not really bothered about the game really it sounds quite pants to me. Disney characters are so gé. But I still would have thought Squaresoft would have sorted it out after FFX :mad:

Also, I presume FFXI requires some l33t connection to play it so I'm not really bothered with that either - wish they'd just hurry up and bring out FFXII (which doesnt seem like its going to happen soon due to this FFX-2 fag0try)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

And swifty wins the award for most insinuation of homosexuality in a single post ever! :)

Few points... Firstly, Kingdom Hearts is cool - I hate Disney crapola but the game is a lot of fun and the Square character cameos in it rock.

The PAL conversion thing is a shame. They had an excuse on FFX - they'd have had to resize and re-render all the FMV in the game, and even then you couldn't have had a 50/60 switch - video is a git like that. Kingdom Hearts is just a really lazy conversion though.

As for FFXI... It'll probably never see the light of day here. It requires a PS2 hard drive, which I don't think SCEE or SCEA ever plan to release... You may be able to play it on the PC at some point though.

BTW, FFXII is being developed by a totally different team to FFX-2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭theciscokid

i'm glad the new final fantasy chronicles on gamecube is utilising the secret of mana's gameplay mechanics

i hate the random appearing of enemies, you should be able to see your enemies coming :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭Ryo Hazuki

I doubt if the Hard Drive or Modem will ever come out here.
    they Should have been available at launch.

We have missed out on 2 years (is it 2 years?) of what could have been excellent online play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Thorbar

Well we'll miss out on a few more years until we get decent broadband coverage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

Originally posted by Shinji

Few points... Firstly, Kingdom Hearts is cool - I hate Disney crapola but the game is a lot of fun and the Square character cameos in it rock.

Yeah? The combat sounds like it could be really annoying to me. Maybe I'll rent it and give it a go. Yeah I heard about the square characters making an appearance. Apparantly Sephiroth's character has a voice in it! I can only imagine hearing some poncy voice actor doing his voice completely destroying his character for me.

Originally posted by Shinji

BTW, FFXII is being developed by a totally different team to FFX-2.

Jaysus, how many teams is there in Square? I knew there was a different team for FF7 & 8 but I thought that was just people leaving and new people being hired and stuff. That's good though, maybe they can make a game with a story, characters and world as good as in FF7 rather than rehashing it with a sequel.

Advertisement