Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A day in the Life of Neocron (large images)

Options
  • 17-11-2002 11:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭

Last night (saturday) we decided to go on a clan outing, we just got the blueprints for the assaulttank and we needed to capture an outpost so we could get the build bonus to make one.

so i decided to take some screenshots, ill give a brief description of each :)

clanattack1.jpg
    here we are starting off, thats our current apc, it can carry the driver, gunner, and 6 passengers.

clanattack4.jpg
    Myself and pariah are the Clan tank characters, we dish out the slaps :) in the background that is the outposty we are about to attack.

clanattack5.jpg
    we went in with all guns ready, there was only 1 guard for the outpost though, he was a highly ranked and equipped player and managed to kill our clan leader and our 2 medics, but myself and pariah finished him off.

clanattack2.jpg
    after taking the outpost we were able to build the assault tank, in the picture its the one on the right, the one on the left is our APC from a front view

clanattack3.jpg
    with our new tank constructed we decided to take on a warbot, these things are friggin death machines and it took us like 5 inutes to kill it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

I liked the look of that game, im thinking of getting it (well 2 copies, one for me and bro), so do you think its worth it? and do you get a free month or whatnot before subscription?

And another thing, is the aiming level based or player skill based? (eg: aim yourself ala FPS).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

a bit of both

with weapon lore the targeting reticle shrinks faster making your shots more accurate, plus with recoil the reticle grows and weapon lore helps it shrink, so with high rate of fire weapons its very useful.

other than that its all player skill, some things are incredibly hard to hit cos of thier unpredictable and fast movements.

6 weeks free with purchase

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

deus ex stylee? what are the reqs like? geforce4.3x10^4 and 100ghz Pentium 23.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

well the site says
    The requirements to play Neocron are:
    A Pentium 2 processor or higher
    32 megabytes of RAM or higher (128 MB highly recommended)
    A Direct 3D compliant 3D card, at least as fast as Voodoo2 Graphics from 3DFX
    A 56.6 k modem (Internet connection is obviously required)

iv seen it running just fine on a duron 800 with a gf2

nice screenies jaggeh come on play.com hurry up an dilever my copy

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Originally posted by jaggeh
    a bit of both

with weapon lore the targeting reticle shrinks faster making your shots more accurate, plus with recoil the reticle grows and weapon lore helps it shrink, so with high rate of fire weapons its very useful.

other than that its all player skill, some things are incredibly hard to hit cos of thier unpredictable and fast movements.

6 weeks free with purchase

Thx alot for that, i might get it now :)
    I loved dues ex, and that aiming sounds similar... but in MMORPG style and with viechles! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

tried the demo just now. it borrows more than a lot from deus ex.

its good but i have a few gripes.

combat is clumsy to say the least. that deus ex stye is okay for not too bright ai players but if your online against real people it will just get slow. up close fighting is a nightmare and the rocket launcher is slow as hell.

crashes happened all to often but that could just be the graphics card's(damn det 40.72, blindingly fast with opengl but d3d is half the performance of earlier versions) drivers.

hacking. wtf is that supposed to be?

overall i think it could be very good online deus ex style persistant world, machine guns and tanks etc. it just needs some minor issues ironed out.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Hacking is breaking into computer systems or computer locked doors. Also warbots have their internals locked and require hacking to pull parts out of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

of course combat is clumsy when you start off, but it gets a hell of a lot better when your skills improve

in the space of 3 days i went from using "poor" ballistic pistols and a combat knife to using a Plasma Cannon and an energy sword.

My character is about mid range now (35/35 <<<) the numbers are based on my skills and distribution of skill points and the arrows are chevron ranks for the equipment i carry based on my level.

since i can now carry high end weapons ive been switching my points spending over to getting better at aiming and firing while moving.

PvP is anything but clumsy now, in fact the only time i would say it is clumsy is when a Psionic Parasocks me and i cant move :(

That being said killing Warbot titans (i was standing on a hill and only came up to its chest) is very exciting :):)

Advertisement