Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doom 3 alpha

Options
  • 17-11-2002 8:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭

Has anyone else pplayed the doom 3 alpha that has been leaked? needs a pretty serious machine but it looks incredible and plays good too

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 1,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭satchmo

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 5,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭spooky donkey

i have it has nice graphis! WOW

just like 1 million fps games out there,
    Nice sound though that was more impresive i thought!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,907 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The game looks fantastic but the game plays badly. The enemy AI seems to have been ripped from the beserkers in quake 2, i.e. they do nothing except run straight towards you. It needs serious improvement. There is still a year to get the game up to scratch.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Well retro, at 5 fps, your gonna have a hard time telling much of anything right now. And yes, the AI is being improved.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Praetorian

Originally posted by Retr0gamer
    The game looks fantastic but the game plays badly. The enemy AI seems to have been ripped from the beserkers in quake 2, i.e. they do nothing except run straight towards you. It needs serious improvement. There is still a year to get the game up to scratch.

This is coming from someone who hasnt played it. (You didnt Retro)

I just said the default controls were bad.

• Advertisement
Advertisement