Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reccomended joypad for an n64 emulator?

Options
  • 16-11-2002 5:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭

right, heres the jist of it. My aunt's had my n64 now for yonks, and doesnt want to give it back any time soon, And I want a game of zelda:ocarina of time / lylat wars

so I got the emu/roms , but usin the keyboard is a joke tbh, and my joypad is 4 button. So its time for me to invest in a new joypad methinks.

Anybody have any ideas? mainly gunna be used for n64 emulation. Nothing wireless please :p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

i usually use the USB Intruder by logic3
    or i have a microsoft sumtin or other one kickin around
    you can usually pick up a decent usb one for around €20 or a bit higher.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

http://www.wishtech.com/

OMFG

i got this and tis bloody great.

Kdja

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

ironicly a playstation styled pad will work wonders with em.

Off to play.com we go

a nice convertor to get the best playstation pad, the playstation pad and not a cheap pc rip off one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 colorado

the microsoft sidewinder 1 is really good for emulators
    also my system (475mhz 64mb)isnt powerful enough to run any n64 emulators :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭l3rian

If your playing a FPS for the N64 like GoldenEye or PerfectDark and want mouse support, get this

http://members.chello.at/n-rage/dinput8/plugins/nrplugin2_181.zip

Its really is good, better than any joypad for FPS. Its a little tricky to configure it, so I have attached my configuration file :)

Please try it out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

a new version of ultrahle hit the street today with support for zilmar spec n64 plugins. that means no more ultrahlp(witch wont work in xp) or multiple suprahle folders each with different hacked versions and those of us without uber l33t computers can play goldeneye well with a mouse.

www.ngemu.com has it on the front page.

Advertisement