Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

On-line Games Reviews

Options
  • 14-11-2002 12:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭

Anyone got any good sites for Games reviews. Multi platform preferably.

I like Game Revolution , it has good and to the point reviews, but it is very US biased.

Any others I should look at

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

I wouldn't be much of an e-pimp if I didn't suggest www.eurogamer.net for all your games review needs... :)

(Being entirely fair and unbiased; it's a reviews site with a European angle and I can absolutely vouch for the fact that none of the reviews on it are ever influenced by the publisher/developer of the titles, unlike a lot of print mags which basically sell review scores.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

EuroGamer is excellent but generaly slow [ie] the game is out and the review is published on EuroGamer maybe 2-5days later or even more. (not for Vice City though)

There are not many sites out there that you can absolutely trust and EuroGamer is 1 that you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

I also heart eurogamercore

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,691 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

EuroGamer is excellent but generaly slow [ie] the game is out and the review is published on EuroGamer maybe 2-5days later or even more.

Yeah - this is something the guys are really working on though, and even if the final review isn't done in time for the games release, you'll almost always find a hands-on first impressions piece on the site before launch now. Ultimately the aim is to have every major game reviewed on or before the day of launch - that's something that should be sorted by the new year, thanks to the new editor over there :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭mystik

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

I like gamershell
    not too many ads.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭Doodee

Hmm, supose I should...

www.playerofgames.com

news updates frequently but, alas, the games reviews.....

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Originally posted by Doodee
    Hmm, supose I should...

www.playerofgames.com

news updates frequently but, alas, the games reviews.....

Well if POG are going post we might a well two..

Gamire.com - the new home of Irish gamers

we will have our act together early(ish) in the new year

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

We're working on the game reviews and we're slowly getting better, but hopefully we'll be supplying a healthy amount of review material come to christmas and after.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭GiMiC

The reviews at www.avault.com are usually quite detailed and well written, although they don't have the same broad coverage as some other sites. Still well worth a look though.

Advertisement