Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lord of the Rings: TTT - best film licence since Goldeneye?

Options
  • 13-11-2002 11:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 47

I have to admit, that when I heard EA where making a scrolling beat-em-up, I didn't have much hope for the game, but after playing it, I can safely say it's brilliant.

Imagine a 3D Golden Axe and you're getting there, but the set-pieces and surroundings of the Lord of the Rings world make it more than that. The epic battles on the later levels are breath-taking and the transition from film clips to the game itself is brilliant. The only gripe I have is it's short life-span, which may mean it's a rental for some people, but I'm still very impressed with it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

looks pretty ropey on the ads anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

Originally posted by tman

Would I be right to assume you're watching the Gameboy versions of the ad?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

i played the PS2 version at the weekend.
    it looks pretty well, can't flaw it on that. the characters detailed, set pieces look good.
    at any one time you can be fighting anything from 1 to prob about 12 orcs/goblins (what ever they are called).
    there is a choice of 3 characters to play with: Gimli, Aragorn and the elf guy that uses the bow and arrow.

i taught it was worth playing short term but would not buy it. to me it didn't have any long term appeal.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Lord of the rings on the snes tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Spiffing

Heard it was button bashing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Would I be right to assume you're watching the Gameboy versions of the ad?

i meant the framerate, most ps2 ads these days seem to jerk all over the gaff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭Ryo Hazuki

Were you watching it on some sort of B&W Low-Definition 7" Screen?

The graphics are great from what ive seen.
    seem to jerk all over the gaff

I think i know waht you mean, I though it looked weird too, thats not frame-rate thats the character movements , the way it appears to be stuttering, its meant to be like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Wook

so did anyone actually bought this game for pc ? if so ..any good ? i am very tempted to buy this ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Kalina

Originally posted by Spiffing

You could make your way through the game by button bashing and probably get to fairly high levels. But there are some really good combo's to learn, you can buy them with experience points earned from each level. It makes the game a lot more interesting if you do learn the combos.
    TTT is a very good game but hasn't much longevity- I've been playing for only about 3 hours and I'm more than half way through with Legolas. However, there are secret levels that can be unlocked only when you get each of the 3 characters to a specified level. This feature will extend the life of the game a bit.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,072 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Originally posted by Spiffing

its very good button bashing, but button bashing wont get you past parts of the game

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

Tempted to buy might need a bit more positive support for me to do that though the graphics are quite good as far as i can see but the character models look odd to me.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,072 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Originally posted by orangerooster
    Tempted to buy might need a bit more positive support for me to do that though the graphics are quite good as far as i can see but the character models look odd to me.

If you’re a LOTR fan or even just like LOTR buy/rent it! It’s a brilliant game.

the only thing I have a problem with is (as some one has said above), its short life-span

as for button bashing, you do need some skill and planning, and there are some golden moments in there

btw, there is also a funny little glitch in a part of the game (it doesn’t affect game play) :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

I shall rent and give it a go if i like it a bit i shall get a foolish younger cousin to buy it as i do withthe risible zoro game!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Wook

Pc version , playable ? , much difference with the console ones ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

I'd rent it, you can finish it easily in a 2 day rental, and I don't think you'd ever want to play it again after that.

Advertisement