Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pet names and how did you come up with the name

Options
  • 13-11-2002 5:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭

Simple enough but should fun to see the names.

Nanook, snowey and sam.
    Snowey and sam were already named when we got them but Nanook i named, the name came from the film "lost boys".

who's next

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

cat --> guinness....
    she's black

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Mark

Meh Moggie---> Named Puss,because Im just that damn original

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

bob: meh golfish.....it was the only thing he ever said

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

I've a black cat called Tiger. Go figure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭c0y0te

Two Cocker spaniels...

Named them Amber and Bonnie, before we got them.

Just started with the first two letters of the alphabet and worked it out from there over dinner:)

c0y0te

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

My dad named our dog Jasper for some strange reason.. i'll ask him l8r, maybe he got it from the simpsons LoL

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Our Sam is called Laika----Since Samoyeds are from Siberia/Russia I thought Laika(First Dog in space--Was Russian) was appropriate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭nanook

hell, good name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭El Marco

Well my cat is named Tiger, as she is ginger like a tiger :rolleyes:
    But she had the name before I got her. Then my dogs is name Prince because he can lick his own balls.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Polly is the name of our lil kitten,
    for she likes to sit on our sholders like a parrot and watch
    everything that goes on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭mayhem#

Never let your kids name a dog.
    We ended up with a shepperd/collie cross called Gogola.....

E.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭Dun

My sister was pregnant two years ago and was picking baby names. She picked Jake, which (and no offence to any Jakes :D) we hated. So my brother decided to call the dog Jack. Jack sounding too much like Jake, my sister picked a different name. Subtle plan but it workd :D

Unfortunately nobody thought of the confusion - our other dog (pre-named) is called Jan :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭conZ

Mister Smith.

Dont ask

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I have a white dog called Snowy. Go figure. We tried to change her name when we got her, but she was having none of it. My Bro also used to have 2 budgies called Smokey and Bandit, 'cos it was the Eighties, and he was prepubescent.......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭embraer170

Millwaukee - Kerry Blue Terrier. I really have no idea who came up with that name but it definitely wasn't me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

called my dog harry, after harry houdini...
    mainly because it was nigh on impossible to make an enclosure that he couldnt escape from.

my oldest cat goes by the name of fat freddy:D
    the other 2 cats names are pretty meainingless (lucy & milky)

aka: haz, fats, loose and milk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

So far I've owned:

A goldfish called Sid (my mum named him after Sid Vicious)
    Two hamsters called Twincam and Speedo (inherited from a ex-bike mechanic)
    A male cat called Sasha (my flatmate named him after a character in Dr. Zhivago but our mates thought he was named after the DJ)
    A female rat called Ripley (from Aliens)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

too many animals over the years to explain them all but ill go with the current ones

gandalf (african grey parrot) because he was grey and names after gandalf the grey from lord of the rings

essie (bulldog) names because she looked like me ma's granny essie

poppy (bulldog) coz my mum wanted to name her that after poppy day or somwthing like that

maizee (bulldog)-no idea.

sid (cat) i names him after sid vicious, i did have a nancy, but then we discovered he was a he, so i names him salem and then he got run over

fagan-(cat) after fagan in oliver

kizzie (kitten) because she looked like this character from a program, a/c to my mum. shes such a funny looking kitten. she looks like one of those golliwog dolls.

and no one names the fish. ah well.

mother of god
    what is your house called

Noah's ark, that is alot of animals.
    food bill must be huge every week.

well done :D

• Advertisement

yeah i know, there was a lot more, we did have another dog who sadly died this year, and hamsters. and birds, and more cats. ive gone through about 8 cats since i moved in here, they keep running away, or getting killed (sniff).

the cats, unfoertunately did away with the hamsters and birds

there was this lovely time the hamster got out and lived under the floorboards for a week, and i thought i had a mouse until i found him

then i did have a mouse....that was frightening. my dad wouldnt believe me until the body turned up *yuck* (we used a mouse trap,. i feel so guilty about that now)

you had a mouse, another pet to add to the collection
    :D:D:D

i had 2!

Advertisement