Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

your favourate weapon from any game

Options
  • 13-11-2002 12:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭

ok any game at all, will do here what was your favourate weapon from any one, wierd ones are even better.

mine has to be the "prod" from worms 2
    as it says in the manual
    "the personificationof sarcasm"
    it was the most humiliating way to finish an enemy worm standing near a cliff.:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Kalina

Chaingun from Quake 2 or PSG1 from MGS!! Or any of Barretts guns in FF7!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

all of the weapons in duke nukem 3D were class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

Detonator Pack in Red Faction.
    Throw it on an enemies back and revel in the screams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 neiko

The AWP in Counter-Strike 1.3 (and not 1.5). I loved treating it like a shotgun :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭DeadBankClerk

Doom 2 Fists w/ Beserk.

Nice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

The door in Carmageddon :D
    twas class

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Thorbar

flame thrower in gta 3

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Cerebral bore from turok, the greatest entertainment a console can give as you watch a raptors head get drilled and his cranial fluids spilling everywhere, then the satifactory *boom* as his head explodes and he staggers about like a headless chicken for a few seconds before collapsing in a decapitated lump...........

Loved that gun :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

I've always had a soft spot for the BFG in Doom. Maybe it just brings me back to those lunchtime Lan games of Doom II.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

the spade from DoD

nothing like a good spade kill!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭marauder

Hand Held Nuke in Shadow Warrior - clear the level in 1 shot

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

The shaft from Quake 1 obviously

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

any shotgun

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,965 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

I'd say the Predators Disc from AvP/AvP2 is my favorite, just watchin the marines getting they're heads sliced off....excellent:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 953 ✭✭✭superconor

i loved the guass gun of half-life. or 'the gloopinator' as we call it. also the spas-12 in igi was cool.
    i am also a fan of the machine gun in gta1.
    the slayer in perfect dark was a great idea but all the levels i played (on a friends) was small corrisdors

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

Defender Rocket launcher with damage and rate of fire mods with anti personnel rockets

from Neocron

was so funny, taking an outpost from a rival clan and having 3 of thier best come at me, i downed all 3 with one rocket :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

electro baxtard ray in carmageddon:)

• Registered Users Posts: 55,469 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Sniper Rifle in UT ... getting 3 or 4 headshots in the space of 5 seconds is soooo satisfying.

- Dave.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,896 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The sticky bombs in Shadow Warrior

"Look you have new friend" and "Sticky bomb like you"
    Classic stuff.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

Chainsaw from Doom.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Originally posted by Retr0gamer
    The sticky bombs in Shadow Warrior

"Look you have new friend" and "Sticky bomb like you"
    Classic stuff.

So funny I had forgotten the sticky bombs...

Descent had I&II some classic weapons like the guided missle with the on board camera and the rebound cannon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

With out a doubt the best weapon from any game is the Cataclysm device from Quake 2 mod weapons of destruction. You find a high ledge and fire one of these on the groud. It has the same effect as a thermo nuclear bomb vaperising everything in it's blast radius. Cool :D

I'm getting goose bumps just thinking about it.

Here's the result...

patch171.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭mystik

defintly the redeemer from ut. Its okay in ut but in ut2003, when you fire it for the first time its like WOAHHHH!!!!

After that its just boring.....

Also, the dancing stick thing from powerstone 2 on dc....funniest weapon ever!!
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

The FlameThrower in Return to Castle Wolfenstein, you can see them burn and scream al over the place, brillant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭Enygma

The Barret 0.50 from Delta Force without a doubt followed closely by the railgun from Quake 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

ChainSaw from Doom without a doubt.

What else, erm ....

crow-bar from Half-life, Heavy machine-gun from Half-life OpFor, the prod in Worms 2, the flame-thrower in RtCW and the entire game of GTA3 (so many inventive ways to kill people :D)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭oeNeo

Originally posted by LoGiE
    I'd say the Predators Disc from AvP/AvP2 is my favorite, just watchin the marines getting they're heads sliced off....excellent:)

Gets my vote aswell :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Spiffing

Beserk punch and BFG in Doom.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,896 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Best chainsaw goes to vice city.
    Best weapon; your own feet in dance dance revolution.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

sword of sharpness from moonstone(nothing like sending another knights head flying in the air) or lightning gun in quake(1 not 3)

Advertisement