Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new rules

Options
  • 11-11-2002 8:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭

I think its about time for new rules to be made.

I have one i think should be added but ye will have to decide on it.
    you cannot attack anyone with a score less than 3/4 of your own score. this should allow people who play to grow with out having bigger peeps plough them in to the ground.

add more you think should be added or updated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

how about taking down the effectiveness of banking planets....

have 5000 sectors, 3 month game, and prize for the winnar...to promote people joining....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭BlkKnight

I like the sound of that Kraken, how are you going to police it?

As an alternative ( which is how i play ), why dont u say u can only attack ppl which are within 5 ranks below your current rank.

This is going to help the ppl who are bad at math! as most can count to 5!

If you go by your rules. . . the game is going to get very boring for me ;-)

BK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭*NemesiS*

Originally posted by BlkKnight

BK

No offence BK but the rules your running for BN on Lanse couldnt possibly be any more boring, your interest rates are set so high its basically a race to see how gets their bank planet up first and after that you sit back and watch the money multiply, you are running away with lanse because you obviously know this and have took major advantage of it + the levels you can reach within a week or two are ridiculous and the hole thing turns out to be a one man race, hence the reason i didnt sign up for it, you could easily win lanse with 1 single planet as the interest is extremly high, where as boards requires somone to actually farm their way to a high score and hence bring tactics into their games, Kraken if you want suggestions m8 i say keep boards BN as it is (in terms of interest rates and planets) and go with the new attack rules you are lookin over.
    btw BK m8 no offence meant there just my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭Spud

have 3000 sectors, 2 month game, and prize for the winner...to promote people joining....i think that would be a good game and blknight his game is boring it is like one planet in the whole game and you win with just one bank planet its a crap to be honest and after 11 days blknights score is 33 million.and when will boards get reset?and blknight if you put down the insterest and make it like boards it would be good because the only you can do right is to get the reset right

i agree with your comments on the interest. However my games are reset very regurlarly, so it's not such a biggie.

I will be lowering the interest rate for the next one. Prob to about just higher than the stock BNT settings.

I was actually refering to Krackens post about only being able to attack ppl within 3/4 of your score. Not the monetairy system (isn't that what this therad is about?).

The reason my money is high, is because there are alot of noobs on my server. I want to make it easy for them to develop & get used to the game. Now they have got used to the game i'll configure it for a "long term" game of a couple of months - rather than the 3 week reset that we currently have.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭*NemesiS*

Sounds good ill happily join in for the next round so

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Originally posted by Kraken

you cannot attack anyone with a score less than 3/4 of your own score. [/B]
    what a load oh crap, no offence... someone can have a really crappy score but have a phat ship.. i know i've had ;) ... it should be more like u can't attack someone who's average tech level is 4 or more less than your own.

conversly, i could have a phat bank & no tech level ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭Spud

Bk why dont you reset your game now.and a idea for boards everyone blow there ships and planets twice so they have to start again

i'm doing it now

www.lanse.co.uk/bnt_4.1

• Advertisement
Advertisement